• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

into proof lincoln cents? and the upcoming 100th anniversary of the lincoln cent

9 posts in this topic

are you into proof lincoln cents?

1909 to 1916 and 1936 matte-satin? flowerred.gif

1936 to 1942 and 1950 to present brilliant? flowerred.gif

would you consider putting together a proof set? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif a proof type set? cloud9.gif

are you into

brown?

red brown?

red?

colored?

what is the ultimate proof lincoln cent 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

POST A PHOTO OF YOUR FAVORITE PROOF LINCOLN CENT!!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

what will happen for the 100th anniversary of the lincoln cent in 2009? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

some not all matte proofs are one of the only? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif 20 century coin types with no designers initals on both the obverse and reverse and the longest running coin type!!

michael

for me

the ultimate proof lincoln cent 893applaud-thumb.gif would be the first year 1909 cloud9.gif

pcgs proof66 red

the mark just below the t in liberty is a nick on the outside of the holder

michael

589a8bcc885bc_384009-09LincolnPF.jpg.8238fc2430c84501db56869403ab2282.jpg

The matte proofs can like really nice. Nothing like seeing a full beard on Lincoln. I wouldn't mind some nice RBs with nice color. The later proofs are about as exciting as a Sacagawea.

For the 100th anniversary I'd love to see them change the freakin' design that has bored me to death and actually have a design that isn't bland.

MDWOODS had a really nice looking one at Long Beach. I believe it was a 1913 with blue toning on the obverse. Really nice. Maybe he can post a picture?

Superb coin, Michael. I really like the smokey look the coin has while retaining an ultra-smooth quality and seemingly lustrous surfaces. smile.gif

Here's my favorite proof Lincoln cent. I've shown it on the boards before, so, don't get bored with it. I have to thank the board member who sold it to me and the other board member who brokered the deal. The coin is in a PCGS PF65BN holder and yes it really does look like the image. cloud9.gif

383939-CL12PCGSPF65BN.jpg

Wow, I like that one TomB. It looks rather purple.

I've been collecting the middle proofs 1936-1942. I'd like to get into the early proofs, but there are a bit hard to find. I showed off some of my middle proofs at the FUN show in an educational display.

Here is my 1936 satin. It was the only proof lincoln cent the dealer had that day. The '36 satin is as hard to fins as the early proofs.

384927-1936satin.JPG

384927-1936satin.JPG.af38a8e156d8db3b9327d46651147ee1.JPG

wow tom that 1912 is superb

unbelieveable color! i love it even and evenly coated both sides! looks better then gem too

you can never go wrong posting this photo wild!

michael