• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What are the odds?

12 posts in this topic

I purchased this coin about 3 months ago on Ebay for $29.00+$1.50 shipping. The following picture is the sellers.I'm not sure if there were more.

80S3.jpg

When I got the coin I noticed it was a VAM 11 and looked like a very nice MS64,so I was planning on doing a quick turn-over for $49.00 and put it back up for auction within a month with the wording that if it doesn't sell I planned on sending it to NGC for grading.One of My pictures for that auction

80S1.jpg

Well,it didn't sell after two tries.One for $49 and one for $99. So I had it graded. Here is pictures of the coin I got back. Like I said,back to grading school. I also got 64 STAR on another submissiion.

80SVAM111.jpg

80SVAM112.jpg

Umm, good thing it did not sell.

Yeah,right?I'm watching one on Heritage tonight graded 66 by PCGS and it just hit $400.00 +15%..

I probably would have picked it up for $49.Probably not the $99 in the 2nd try..I have to say the my pictures weren't very good.My last set,in the slab aren't too bad.

Umm, good thing it did not sell.

Yeah,right?I'm watching one on Heritage tonight graded 66 by PCGS and it just hit $400.00 +15%..

I probably would have picked it up for $49.Probably not the $99 in the 2nd try..I have to say the my pictures weren't very good.My last set,in the slab aren't too bad.

Congrats.

Nice job....I have found some really nice raw coins on Ebay.....it's not for the faint f heart but if you know what you are doing.....know how to grade, assess toning etc.....sometime you can hit home runs.

This also holds true with buying nice coins in third party holders ;)