• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NYINC Show Report and NEWP Pics

10 posts in this topic

I traveled up to the big city and spent about 4 hours at the show today. This is my first trip to this show but my impression is it was fairly busy, in the large starlight room it was pretty packed the whole time I was there and difficult to move around much. I also visited all the smaller rooms and each of them seemed reasonably busy also.

My newps for the week include an 1807 Geo. III 1/2d in 66 BN which I'll image when I get home Sunday, one piece from NEN and a few lots from the heritage sale.

From NEN this 1865 B Hannover Thaler in PF65CAM, it's the only proof graded by NGC or the other guys. This particular issue celebrates 50 years of union with East Frisia which was deeded to Hannover after the defeat of Napolean.

1865BHANNOVERUNIONTHALERPR65CAMBOTH.jpg

From Heritage:

1811 Bern 1 Frank in NGC 66. I just like this design, no other reason to get it.

1811BERN1FRANKMS66BOTH.jpg

1804 Bank of England 5 Shillings (One Dollar) copper in PF 63, I've always wanted one of these but since it is outside my main collecting interests never wanted to spend moon money on one, this was very reasonable.

1804GBDOLLARPR63BRONZEDBOTH.jpg

1826 Geo. IV Penny in 64 BN, although I already have a higher grade in my set I am fascinated by the extreme flan cracks. It also has a really hammered strike.

1826GB1PNGCMS64BRBOTH.jpg

1834 Will. IV Penny in 65 BN, if you collect 19th C. British you will understand how difficult these are. Although the Heritage pics don't make it look the prettiest I have searching diligently for a high grade specimen for my type set for a couple of years with no luck. So I decided to bite the bullet and bid on it.

1834GB1PNGC65BRBOTH.jpg

That 1804 Bank of England 5 Shillings is absolutely gorgeous.

I am going on Sunday and hopefully there will be something interesting left.

Your Frisian Oath taler does not appear to be a proof. It appears to be a standard business strike - which are found with sharp strikes and deep PL surfaces.

Still a wonderful example of this low mintage commemorative.

It appears as proof as all the other German States proofs I bought from you over the past year or two Mr. Margulie (on ebay). I'm satisfied with it, although perhaps no one will ever know for sure.

I have always wanted to go to this show but never been able to make it. All fo the shows I have been to, including the ANA, do not have a particularly good selection for the material I collect. Actually, a very poor one.