• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

More Chinese Counterfeits on the Bay

14 posts in this topic

I reported this seller yesterday. Check out the 1879-CC. "T" in front of the dollar sign. The certification number comes back to a PCGS 1876-CC AU58. Some coins are located in New York and some are located--guess where? Hong Kong.

Thanks eBay for doing an excellent job--yeah right.

http://cgi.ebay.com/1879-CC-MORGAN-DOLLAR-PCGS-AU58_W0QQitemZ160390180097QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCoins_US_Individual?hash=item2557ffed01

I see in the description that the strike is listed as a "proof" also.So you have a "T" before the dollar sign and an AU58 that is listed as a proof. If that was enough, a person does not have to be a member of PCGS to verify the certification number which apparently refers to another coin.

So despite all the red flags somebody spends $616.00 on it?

I would like to bring up a question about a comment someone made about China being a crooked country.

Why would they not reproduce our coins. The American public had let them make cheap imitations of everything else imaginable and bought it through a channel called Wal-Mart.

As long as the public here is stupid enough to accept sub-standard quality because it is cheaper to make there, and costs less here, nothing will change.

Think it is bad getting fake coins? Just wait till the Feds let them start exporting our prescription drugs. China will not have to lift a single weapon to defeat us in the future. We will just lay down and let them come in and take over. We will be too busy playing our chinese made video games, talking and texting on our chinese made cell phones, and watching our chinese made HD TV sets.

Welcome to the New World Economy!

MM

Come on there in China and not doing anything wrong. Heads of EBAY should be in jail for knowing and suporting fraud

You can make any Chinese coin you want GOLD PANDA what ever nothing wrong in the USA with that but go to China and sell it or have or help sombody sell it and you and them will be SHOT. Their goverment works for their workers and industrys

You can make any Chinese coin you want GOLD PANDA what ever nothing wrong in the USA with that but go to China and sell it or have or help sombody sell it and you and them will be SHOT. Their goverment works for their workers and industrys

Can you rewrite that so I can figure out what you are saying?

The mind is a terrible thing to waste and mine is at times terrible wasted.So let me try again PS my spelling sucks

I was trying to say if you made fake /counterfeit Chinese coins in the United Sates of America you would not be breaking the law.But if you were to go to China and try to sell them or somebody else were trying to sell them even if they didn't know they were counterfeit justice would be swift and very firm likely shot and any company knowingly aiding and abiding you would receive swift and firm justice also . But our government could care less .Their all to busy stealing all they can for themselves ALSO i believe EBAY helps sell more stolen property then any crimnal orginazation in the country

The mind is a terrible thing to waste and mine is at times terrible wasted.So let me try again PS my spelling sucks

I was trying to say if you made fake /counterfeit Chinese coins in the United Sates of America you would not be breaking the law.But if you were to go to China and try to sell them or somebody else were trying to sell them even if they didn't know they were counterfeit justice would be swift and very firm likely shot and any company knowingly aiding and abiding you would receive swift and firm justice also . But our government could care less .Their all to busy stealing all they can for themselves ALSO i believe EBAY helps sell more stolen property then any crimnal orginazation in the country

I was trying to say if you made fake /counterfeit Chinese coins in the United Sates of America you would not be breaking the law.

I thought you were saying that. Unfortunately you are wrong. Making fake/counterfeit coins of other countries, including China, IS illegal under US law.

But our government could(n't) care less .Their all too busy stealing all they can for themselves

That does seem to be true.

ALSO i believe EBAY helps sell more stolen property then any crimnal orginazation in the country

Probably true because they are sucha large organization, but I still believe more stolen property is sold off of ebay than on it.

Yes but it's like that saying if i tree falls in the woods and nobody s their does it make a noise.Or pot laws in CALIFORNIA anybody have a case where someone was arrested