• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KEY dates, You've got to love them. Don't you?

8 posts in this topic

I know I do. I'll take a Key date coin in any series in pretty much any grade so long as it is problem free and decent looking!!!!!! Kind of like this old worn out pair!!!!

378568-half.JPG

378568-half.JPG.df63e5ac50b46238b934a9c3a822fddd.JPG

Thanks . Although that coin is the second lowest in terms of mintage at 34,000 it is probably not a key since there are many rarer ones in the 1920s and 1930s, which despite their higher mintages, most were melted so the ones that survive are rare indeed! According to Akers in his 20th Century Gold Book, he rates the 1913-S in MS-60 to MS-62 as R-5, while others like my 24-S are low R-6, while the 25-S in AU is probably somewhere in the R-5 to R-6 range! And this despite the fact that the mintages on the latter two are nearly 10x as high!

They are nice coins to find, too bad there wasn't a '21-D in with it, that would be cool. smile.gif

I'll have to find one! smile.gif