• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do you need awesome pics for your registry?

16 posts in this topic

Like all great registry's , Pics are the most important. I finally figured out the correct lighting,deminsions,placemint and size correction..If you look at my sets under the roosevelt dimes.I seriously blown up my dimes.The toned colors are phenominal.I went overboard with size,and they show too much detail..even nicks and scratches..Under my Lincoln pennies.I seriously took it to the next level. I toned down the size.Put up the lighting and the red came out like a diamond.The first pic in the pennies is without the correct lights,ect. Done a normal photographer. If you may want your coin pics like mine,let me know..Within the next 4 months I will be correctiong all my pictures.

90762.jpg.e3c97c2e9ccbc3d965fd73a91d838ff8.jpg

That is how it looks. It is not doctored up. The 2 ticks on his coat are there .I didnt even see it until I blew it up. Like I said before, It is the true nature of the coin. NGC MS67 RED Original ..I havent figured out how to not show case scratches. Everything shows up...

I agree with Chad, as no lustre is apparent in that photo. Also, does NGC allow those two sizeable nicks on the obverse in an MS67 designation? I would not have thought so, but there you go, that's me.

Jim

Yes, the 2 nicks are a design element.

Your pics are a good start, Paul, but they look overlit. Try backing the lights away and increasing the shutter speed. What you want is to show the luster, like on Bob's beautiful Lincoln above. On an MS67, I'm guessing the luster is great - but if the entire coin is blasted with light, we don't get to see any of that subtle shine. Increasing the shutter speed will also help with your focus.

If you are seeing an improvement in your images, then that is to be commended! Without seeing this example in hand, I would suggest that the color seems too saturated, and the focus is not quite sharp.

It's quite possible that your monitor is different from mine (or others'), and the coin may look dramatically better on your monitor.

Getting the exact amount and placement of light is the hardest thing to get right when photographing coins as far as I'm concerned.

I believe I may finally be getting close though.

You tell me...

1905IHC-1.jpg

Photographing nice uncertified copper coins is a real pleasure, I look forward to it, while photographing them through a scuffed NGC or PCGS holder is sometimes a daunting task.

Getting the exact amount and placement of light is the hardest thing to get right when photographing coins as far as I'm concerned.

You tell me...

1905IHC-1.jpg

Photographing nice uncertified copper coins is a real pleasure, I look forward to it, while photographing them through a scuffed NGC or PCGS holder is sometimes a daunting task.

I think that's a bit too close for me. It almost is distracting on the tiny marks, however the color really stands out like that and boy does that look nice. Pretty close to me!

You tell me...

I think that's a bit too close for me. It almost is distracting on the tiny marks, however the color really stands out like that and boy does that look nice. Pretty close to me!

I think that's a beautiful picture. Part of what looks funny about it is the compression technique used to shrink it down, resulting in a pixelated look. There really is no good way to compress pics.