• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What are the chances of this happening?

7 posts in this topic

Taking a cracked out holder from an unsuccessful upgrade/crossover and convincing PCGS/NGC that the holder was accidentally damaged and getting the coin reholdered? The holder is not completely smashed out but a nice big crack.

Do you mean the coin was removed from the holder? If so, I would expect zero possibility of PCGS or NGC simply taking your word for what happened and relabbing the coin without regrading the piece.

jimbucks---- Years ago, I bought two Walkers from a seller that I knew to be honest. They had been in old ANACS holders----but, he had cracked them out to put them in an album.

Well, I bought both of the halves and sent them "raw" to NGC for grading. The real expensive 1920S Walker got holdered while the 17S Reverse coin got a BB

The seller had sent me the old ANACS inserts for both coins. I took a picture of that 17S Rev coin. It had a carbon spot that matched the seller's pictures on Ebay. I then sent the 17S Rev coin back to ANACS----told them the "TRUE" story---- sent the new picture of the coin with the matching carbon spot-----and ANACS reholdered the coin in its original grade.

Subsequently, I resold that 17S Rev coin at a profit. I still own that 1920S coin. I guess that being honest about it-----well maybe that carbon spot proved the coin was the same one. At any rate, it worked out that one time. Take care. Bob [supertooth]