• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nice little piece of new copper arrived today

6 posts in this topic

I haven't had many recent pickups but this one was kind neat and wanted to share :)

1853NY M-NY-948 H. B. West's Trained Dogs MS64RB NGC

Early Advertising

Tokens were frequently used for advertising by jewelers, watchmakers or other skilled craftsman.

They sometimes recorded prices, but more commonly they listed services and goods available.

The tokens often help establish the address of the business.

This 1853 token reads "H.B. West's Famous Trained Dogs" and depicts a man in a carriage

pulled by two dogs named "Tray & Troy."

The reverse shows New York's Crystal Palace, where West was operating.

1853NYM-NY-948HBWestsTrainedDogsMS6.jpg

wow what an early pre civil war token and a cool cross collectible token with the cart and dogs, crystal palace expo. wild!

really good design and perspective of this token and so close to red and a full gem to my minds eye

(thumbs u :applause: (thumbs u

wow what an early pre civil war token and a cool cross collectible token with the cart and dogs, crystal palace expo. wild!

really good design and perspective of this token and so close to red and a full gem to my minds eye

(thumbs u :applause: (thumbs u

That one has got to be the most red on a red/brown I have ever seen......lol

and under graded as well.

your welcome

the photo is incredibly crisp and clear and it is easily disernable

it is hard smooth surfaces and has never been brushed or dipped or oiled

a really choice early copper that was more than likely put/stored away to be found recently and properly stored and the color is ingrained in the coin with wonderful red brown well lots more red than brown but the surfaces are mellowed and stable

i love it

and as you say and i will again definately a PQ 64++ coin with it pretty darned close to red

i love it :cloud9: