• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Introducing: The First Annual NGC Holiday Secret Santa Swap

30 posts in this topic

Well, its Christmas time again folks, and that means (among other things) presents! A comment was made recently that got me thinking, so I have decided to organize the first NGC Chat Boards Secret Santa Swap. Its incredibly simple:

1. If you are interested in playing, send me a PM with your address before Saturday (December 5th) evening.

2. I'll randomize the names, and assign each person someone to send a gift to (by PM).

3. Pick a small coin-related gift you think your person will like, under $25 (to keep it from getting outlandish, and to keep anyone from feeling like they got stiffed).

4. Send your gift out before Saturday December 12th.

5. When you receive your present, I'll have a second thread where you can post what you got and who you got it from.

Gifts should be coins, coin books, or something along the general coin theme.

So lets get into the giving spirit, and let the coin swap begin!

This is an amazingly cool idea - I'm in!
PM me your address if you want to play.

My address is public knowledge, as follows:

James Garcia

P0 Box 7I4

Fenton M0 63O26

Looking forward to it, and thanks for getting such a great idea rolling!

Last chance to get in! If you want to play, please PM me your address by midnight tonight (Saturday). I'll randomize the names and tell you who to send a gift to on Sunday afternoon.

Alright, I just sent you all PM's with who you are sending your gifts to. Obviously, don't tell that person, let it be a surprise!

Please get your gifts mailed before next Saturday, so that we can be sure they will all arrive before Christmas.

When you get your gift, post what you got and from whom to the thread I will start for the purpose.

Your coin, or coin-related, gifts should be under or around $25.

Have fun!

Dumb question: should the mailed package include a return address? Or is that "secret"??

I put a return address on mine, but I put "Santa Claus" as the name :)

Dumb question: should the mailed package include a return address? Or is that "secret"??

Either way it will still get a stamp at the post office so the person will know what area it came from.

James, I thought everybody on God's green earth knew your P.O. box. Don't forget to include your name so the recipient knows who sent it.

On second thought, it isn't necessary for you to put your name on it. After all, how many people on these boards live in Fenton, MO.

My package went out today so I just want to let the person to whom it was sent know that they should expect to receive it by Friday.

Chris

My package went out today so I just want to let the person to whom it was sent know that they should expect to receive it by Friday.

Chris

I thought surely someone would pick up on this.

Chris

Mine's out this morning and the recipient will know who it's from as I put a note in there with it.

:rulez:

Actually, I did the same thing. The old disclaimer note.