• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1818 Year Set Completed...

12 posts in this topic

... ex the one gold coin made that year. With the arrival of the quarter this week... I'm done with 1818, unless I upgrade.

I wouldn't say that they match up well on condition but each is nice in it's own regard (my opinion). There were only 4 different denominations of coins minted in 1818 in the US (I think) including the 3 shown here and also the one gold piece (half eagle). I won't be acquiring the gold as they are fairly expensive pieces.

Anyway, this was fun to do and fairly easy. In fact it was a WAY WAY easier year to do that the 1853 set I put together. These coins came to me via: "doh", "JJ Teaparty", and "Rod Burress". Thanks for the nice coins.

Comments welcomed good or bad... I have thick skin ;)

1818 Cent N-10

DSC_0002-1.jpgDSC_0006-1.jpg

1818 Quarter B-10

DSC_0019-1-1.jpgDSC_0020-1.jpg

1818/7 Half O-102

DSC_0001-1.jpgDSC_0007.jpg

Dang. Nice coins, but looks way way too easy with just those three. ;) I say go get yourself a Half Eagle and have done with it!

Dang. Nice coins, but looks way way too easy with just those three. ;) I say go get yourself a Half Eagle and have done with it!

Or move on to the 1808 and 1798 year sets. ;)

Congrats!

Love the cent, as you mentioned not really a matched set but each has a nice look.

Yes I agree it is an interesting little set. The thing about the cent is that it is a Randal hoard variety and therefore common in Mint State. The quarter and the half dollar are not hoard coins, and cost a bundle in Mint State.

Where's the $5 gold piece? :tonofbricks:

I've just being a jerk ... ;)

Thanks for the comments and NO... the gold piece is out of my comfort range, and besides... one divorce is enough :o

so that would mean that you have an out. :idea::baiting: