• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

POST YOUR CAMEO COINS!!

69 posts in this topic

While not "officially" cameo, to me there is nothing prettier than a Morgan with good contrast.

1883obv.jpg1883rev.jpg

I also love this photo I took a while back, highlighting the difference between regular and reverse cameos

ladies.jpg

MM

Since we are now including prooflike coins with CAMEO contrast in this thread, I will show a photo of my 1880-S NGC MS65*. I only need to show the obverse because the reverse is frosty not prooflike. Keep in mind that when you view this photo, my camera and fingers are about 10 inches away from the coin.

MorganDollar1881-SNGCMS65Star562-7.jpg

These are some of my favorites. I'd like to see NGC add a Cameo designation to the Morgan's. More are in my gallery. Tim's Gems

It can't be DMPL without the cameo right? So I would say that it is already built into the description.

This is the most contrasted coin I own.

IMG_0623.jpg

ode to a cameo

tender cameo

why are you so beloved

why do your devices stand out so lovely with strong contrast

why oh why are you all in my collection

beloved cameo

Always enjoyed this design...

Washington76S_Clad_69DCAMRev.jpg

But I guess if I gotta' pick one cameo coin of mine this would be it...

sh1938wlh.jpg

sh1938wlhf.jpg

Oh my... that may be the most gorgeous WLH I have ever seen! :o

sh1938wlhf.jpg

That has got to be my all time favorite SY and Bob did a great job of capturing Miss Liberty as she is extending her hand to all of America. ^^

redone1880-s001-1-2.jpg

Cameos are cool. I think it's time to resurrect this thread.

Just to prove how difficult it is sometimes to figure things out, here are two coins I sent in to PCGS expecting to get at least one Cameo designation. NEITHER came back cameo. :censored:

Franklin54Raw.jpg

Franklin54RawRev.jpg

Roosevelt54Raw.jpg

Roosevelt54RawRev.jpg

I'm really quite surprised the dime didn't get it. The obverse of the Franklin looks a little weak, but that reverse is fantastic! I think they passed because of the shininess of his nose. Submit them to NGC - they are reputed to be a little easier on Cameo, or at least you'll definitely get stars.

Here is my only Cameo Franklin, obtained at FUN.

1791151-006O.jpg

1791151-006R.jpg