• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rec.collecting.coins

9 posts in this topic

Hi,

What do you think of the rec.collecting.coins newsgroup? I briefly checked it out just now, and found it to have an alarmingly low signal-to-noise ratio.

EVP

I dislike it. It seems like a small group of posters want to take control of that group. The amount of interesting posts is small. It seems like every other post is about ACG or eBay. Kind of like how the PCGS forums are getting.

I don't even bother looking at RCC often. It's too much junk and not enough information.

I used to read those groups on photography but, as you-all said, it was the same stuff rehashed forever. Eventually, it feels like a waste of time. tongue.gif

Posts don't show up for hours, so conversations are horribly disjointed. Each person's posts contain large segments of all previous posts so it's difficult to follow a thread. Multiple posts are common since you have no way to know if the computer picked up on a click and multiple clicks can result in many posts. You have to log in each time you use it. Subjects are boring.

I also used to post there before I found the other site across the street. But found it rather slow, hard to navigate, and very quick to flame. I've been reading this site for a while, just have not posted because I could not find my password. So I got a temporary. Good to see everybody here, and a big hello.