• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1895-O Opinions Please

10 posts in this topic

Cleaned and retoned some rim issues but because of the year and

mint it probably will grade

AU58

I'm not nearly as negative on this piece. Having seen some truly awful (toned black and ugly with profoundly terrible strikes) 1895-O dollars in graded holders up to MS-60, I'd be very happy to put this one in my set (if I were a collector of Morgan dollars) at Choice AU money.

The coin looks like it has some mint luster and the eagle even has some breast feathers. Without seeing it in person, I'd grade it AU-55.

Pics are a little small but I'm gonna follow suit here also and guess about AU55. I actually like the looks of the coin. I also agree with Mike as the toning doesn't look quite natural. Maybe natural album toning over a period of time. JMO

I'm not nearly as negative on this piece. Having seen some truly awful (toned black and ugly with profoundly terrible strikes) 1895-O dollars in graded holders up to MS-60, I'd be very happy to put this one in my set (if I were a collector of Morgan dollars) at Choice AU money.

The coin looks like it has some mint luster and the eagle even has some breast feathers. Without seeing it in person, I'd grade it AU-55.

I do not believe I was being negative If you were talking about me ?

However because of the feathering I kicked it up to 58 at first sight thinking 55

Nice coin either way and Would also consider it for my collection.

NIce find

AU58

As soon as you use the word cleaned the next phrase to many collectors is "body bag." As soon as you use that word in a grading description, you have driven a lot of buyers away.

"Dipped" is okay. "Cleaned" says hairlines and worse.

AU58

As soon as you use the word cleaned the next phrase to many collectors is "body bag." As soon as you use that word in a grading description, you have driven a lot of buyers away.

"Dipped" is okay. "Cleaned" says hairlines and worse.

You are 'correct' as I did use the WRONG term for what I was thinking

Thank you