• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wanting opinions about this 1892-cc morgan...

14 posts in this topic

The sharpness grade is EF with some minor rim damage. There is also what appears to be a tiny an intentional mark in the field below Ms. Liberty's chin. The piece probably has been cleaned and might not grade because of that. There may be residues of dipping solution in the fields.

I've seen pieces no better than this in AU-50 holders, but it's matter of having someone buy the holder instead of the coin. I wold not want to pay more than EF money for this and better examples for the grade can be found.

Decent coin, but a problem coin with XF details. The aforementioned graffiti in the field below and in front of the chin, and of course the cleaning that the coin has obviously taken place.

I'm also gonna go with EF details. I agree with the cleaning also. The fields look to have been cleaned, maybe an old polish that's been dulled?? Not sure, just looks strange.

coin was in some sort of bezel

I agree here as the reverse rim metal has been rolled over

It also has graffiti and will not grade unless in a details holder

VF35

On a side note - something interesting going on with the "2"

Agree with the cleaning and dipping comments. Looks washed out.

But...the "2" appears to crack lateral through a couple of stars. Hard to tell, but I don't see much displaced metal, so it probably is not a break. It would be interesting to see it under a strong loupe.

but I don't see much displaced metal, so it probably is not a break. It would be interesting to see it under a strong loupe.

Here

79148.jpg.171ed4f19e2211b36d5f55cb0a76d9cf.jpg