• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What do you think?........Did it get the "Star"

Do you think it got the star?  

114 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think it got the star?

18 posts in this topic

I've seen stars on much less attractive coins. And more attractive coins that didnt receive stars. So I guess you just flip a coin on this.

No star.

My rationale is that the coin is already CAM, and I actually can't remember offhand a CAM that was additionally blessed with a "star".

By the way, the coin IS a "star" in my eyes!

She is also a star in my eyes and even if NGC doesn't give me the star, I am still going to keep the coin.

I never done the designation review so I just wanted to give it a try!!

I didn't vote because I don't really know what methods they use to determine a Star designation but I think it looks worthy of one in my personal opinion.

To get the star I think it would have to have exceptional eye appeal. I think it might have a good chance if it does look better in hand.

I don't see anyway it gets a star but....

I have sent in plenty deserving of stars that didn't get the designation and I have even sent in a few I was surprised got the star.....so anything is possible hm

:wishluck:

That's the type of coin the Star designation was created for. I will go out on a limb and say its a sure thing.

Well guys I thought for sure that it would move out of quality control today but I guess we will have to want till Monday!! :wishluck:

No star.

My rationale is that the coin is already CAM, and I actually can't remember offhand a CAM that was additionally blessed with a "star".

Cam and Ultra Cam stars do exist. I own a 1952 PF 68* Cam Roosie, NGC has graded only 3 in that grade. The other two exhibit nice toning like Jaime's coin. Good luck with your submission, I hope you get it!! (thumbs u

No star.

Cam and Ultra Cam stars do exist. I own a 1952 PF 68* Cam Roosie, NGC has graded only 3 in that grade. The other two exhibit nice toning like Jaime's coin. Good luck with your submission, I hope you get it!! (thumbs u

They do exist, and usually a " STAR CAM" coin has an ULTRA obverse paired with a CAM reverse. A " STAR ULTRA " will have an obverse well beyond ULTRA contrast.

However, it's important to remember there are two ways of getting the STAR. Exceptional obverse contrast, and exceptional eye appeal. The dime in question is eligable for the STAR because of its exceptional eye appeal, not an ULTRA CAM obverse. Thus, the contrast won't necessarily factor into their decision on this piece.