• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So, why all the hatred for...

33 posts in this topic

1) The coin has a PC design. I wish we could get away from placating special interest groups with U.S. coin designs. The Suzie was PC and the Sackie is also. Thank goodness the state quarters have not been.

Bill, remember the Texas commem half dollar??

Seen the designs for the Texas quarter?? Alamo (most famous landmark in Texas) is out because it offends Hispanics. Oil wells are out because they are not environmentally correct. I think they eliminated a Longhorn because beef is high in cholesterol. What's left, another *&^%ing state outline quarter.

I've never really thougt of the "old" Texas commemorative half dollar as PC. About the only thing that might have been PC about was that Sam Huston's portrait was on it. Old Sam opposed Texas' entry into the Civil War on the Confederate side and predicted accurately what was going to happen. Because of that, 'Ol Sam was not the most popular man in the state for while although his stock went way up after he died.

I've not read anything about the problems with the Texas quarter, but if what you say is true, yes is pretty bad with the Hispanics think they are offended by the Alamo.