• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Would you refund this guys money?

Give him his money back!!  

120 members have voted

1. 1. Give him his money back!!

34 posts in this topic

Well I sold a Lincoln Roll set on eBay!

Linky Dinky to the auction!!

Well yesterday he emailed me.

Dear schatzyjr,

When did these ship, can you provide a tracking

number?

- ebay buyer

My response: This was a pre-sale, I don't have the sets in hand yet. The mint

shipped them to me on 4/3 and I will let you know when I ship your set.

Thanks, Jaime

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear schatzyjr,

You sell things you don't even have on hand; that is too bad, I guess I need to read

the fine print! Last time I deal with you; and no chance for positive feedback here. I

guess your not into immediate gratification and just out for a buck!

- ebay buyer

My response: All of the Lincoln sets you see on eBay are for Pre-Sale. The

mint has not shipped till yesterday. There wasn't no fine print unless you call 24

point font fine print and your not going to leave feedback because I did nothing wrong.

This is the first time I have ever done a pre-sale and most likely will never do it again.

Thanks, Jaime

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear schatzyjr,

I don't think it is up to you whether I leave feedback or not.

- ebay buyer

My response: none

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear schatzyjr,

I am unhappy with this purchase and I would like a refund of my payment of

$96.02 as soon as possible!

- ebay buyer

My response: It's amazing how just today that you bought another roll and that

was also a pre-sale auction!! I think that you are just playing games with me!!

Linky Dinky to the other auction that he purchased on 4/4

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear schatzyjr,

No, I didn't realize you did not have the coins

on hand and feel that it was not what I had

purchased, and after dealing with you through the

email I don't appreciate your attitude and would

like to cancel the order and get a refund. I

have agreed to pay your fees and I am not playing

games.

- ebay buyer

I would definately give him his refund and block his butt from any future auctions on you!!

I have already blocked him!!

I was going to give him his money back till I found that he bought another set and that set was also a pre-sale!!

You haven't mailed it out to him yet. Just let him go and tell him to get the heck out. You'll never win with some people Next time you put an auction up for pre-sale, put Pre-sale in the title. Then only an insufficiently_thoughtful_person could say that they didn't know.

I would give him his money back. When I read your aution, you appear to be in violation of the eBay rules when you stated that you will ship them once you receive them from the Mint. The seller must guarantee that the item will be shipped within 30 days of auction close and I did not see that in your listing. :gossip:

"The seller must also clearly indicate within the listing the fact that the item is a pre-sale item with a delivery date that indicates the item will be shipped by the 30th day from the end date of the listing. "

pre-sales rules

I would give him his money back. When I read your aution, you appear to be in violation of the eBay rules when you stated that you will ship them once you receive them from the Mint. The seller must guarantee that the item will be shipped within 30 days of auction close and I did not see that in your listing. :gossip:

I know that I should have put the 30 day thing in the auction!! Like I said this is the first time I have ever done this and I don't think I will ever do it again!!

I would send him a link from the US Mint website showing the release date, proving that all of the Lincoln Rolls on ebay at the time of his purchase were pre-sale. State that there were no ill intentions on your part and you would gladly issue a full refund if he agrees to leave 5 star positive feedback. I would also apologize for "your attitude" in hopes that it would keep you from getting negged.

By the way, this guy is a total and does not deserve any of the prior I recomended but the new ebay feedback system pretty much has the seller by the balls and this might be the best way to get out of a wrongful neg. Sorry you had to deal with this man.

I would send him a refund and I would not sell something I don`t have in hand. I want controll over my transaction and not depend on the mint, post office or anthing else.

I would definately give him his refund and block his butt from any future auctions on you!!

I have already blocked him!!

I was going to give him his money back till I found that he bought another set and that set was also a pre-sale!!

I checked your feedback and it is 100%. I would not ruin this for the sake of personal satisfaction. Give him his money back and never do business with him again.

This guy is a total insufficiently_thoughtful_person . Refund his money and notify E_BAY and Pay pal of his response to you and that you were not clear on the pre sales rules.

Hopefully the guy does not leave you negative feedback.

Tell him that you will refund his money only after he leaves you positive feedback. After you get possitive feedback, keep his money and the coins. Also, send him a link to this thread so he will know that a lot of people will be blocking him. {Please note that this was posted in jest!!! lol)

You haven't mailed it out to him yet. Just let him go and tell him to get the heck out. You'll never win with some people Next time you put an auction up for pre-sale, put Pre-sale in the title. Then only an insufficiently_thoughtful_person could say that they didn't know.

I think he already qualifies as an idi-ot. That aside, I would have worded my responses differently, and I would have mentioned giving him a refund up front.

do not give money back. your listing was true and they knew what they were getting into. ebay would take the feedback off with the emails as proof. just cause of some feedback dont let the bad guy win.

you just send the coins when you get them and end your side of the deal. i would send ebay the emails right away so they know whats going on.

He's possibly lying to you about the reason for a refund, looks like he's just trying to save 20 bux. I would refund though since you can still make a killing by re-listing the item. The thing is, even if you send them to him and he gets them, what's keeping him from sending them back to you and asking for a refund? He still wins and you lose time and money.

whos to say the feedback doesnt get left anyway. once the refund happens it will still allow feedback.

this is one of those catch 22's. but i do know as a seller my side isnt done until i send the item. even if he returns it. cause if i dont send i havnt fulfilled my end.finish your end of contract. let him worry about his end.

Since, in your OWN WORDS in your OWN auction, you state that you give refunds within 7 days, I don't think this should have ever been a question to start with.

While it is within ebay's "rules" to sell pre-release items that one doesn't have inhand, I would not do it. Too many problems. It is usually done to maximize the take from the suckers.

So, people do it...they make more money doing it. I don't make as much when I sell, once I have my item in hand, but I sure don't go through aggravation and issues like this.

As for the communication exchange.....I actually side with the buyer. Although he should have seen the "pre-sale" portion, it is ebay and some things come with the territory. I couldn't believe someone would say "...and your not going to leave feedback because I did nothing wrong." That is just asking for problems.

As soon as he asked about a refund, I wouldn't have tried to do any song and dance and would have just said "fine".

He paid with paypal, didn't he? You do know that he would get his money back and that you would go through more hassles than it was worth, right?

There's no doubt that the guy is a spoon! But you, in effect, are running a business and should always remember "that the customer is always right". Don't get confrontational with any buyer. Go out of your way to accommodate the buyer since it is your reputation on the line. Then block the sucker and never deal with him again. And trying to coerce the buyer into leaving positive feedback is wrong and will probably backfire.

There's no doubt that the guy is a spoon! But you, in effect, are running a business and should always remember "that the customer is always right". Don't get confrontational with any buyer. Go out of your way to accommodate the buyer since it is your reputation on the line. Then block the sucker and never deal with him again. And trying to coerce the buyer into leaving positive feedback is wrong and will probably backfire.

The customer is NOT ALWAYS right no matter what anybody says.

In this case though the seller was wrong in improperly stating how the auction is run and should have researched the way it NEEDS to be run according to Ebays rules. Admit you made a mistake to the buyer and refund his money.Honesty in the first place may have got you a decent feedback - now that you had somewhat unrepentant emails back and forth, he will probably zap you no matter what you do now. Sad to say ...

While I think it is clearly stated in the auction it is not technically listed correctly. Yes this is just a loop hole the buyer is using because he has noticed them going less then what he paid so decided to cancel his order. A lot of us think this is dirty for the buyer to do but let me ask you this. I am going to use the UHR as an example seeing that many people on the board have purchased this. As you all know the price is set depending on what gold is and adjust weekly. With the starting price of $1189 when most people ordered this and just when up from there. The question is if the price of gold were to of dropped and it went down to $1089 how many of you would of canceled and re-ordered at the lower price? This is pretty much what this buyer did. It is not a good thing for the seller but it does happen and if you look at it like this then you really can’t blame the buyer all the much.

... then you really can’t blame the buyer all the much.

Oh yes I could. You make your bids, you take your chances. Buyer's Remorse is a person_without_enough_empathy but you get over it.

Oh yes I could. You make your bids, you take your chances. Buyer's Remorse is a person_without_enough_empathy but you get over it.

I agree, When you place a bid on ebay it is a binding contract. It tells you that before you confirm your bid. I have paid more for something before and then later found a cheaper BIN, but I uphold my end of the bargain and follow thru with my purchase. It's a shame that there are those out there that have no intregrity about themselves.

I agree, When you place a bid on ebay it is a binding contract. It tells you that before you confirm your bid. I have paid more for something before and then later found a cheaper BIN, but I uphold my end of the bargain and follow thru with my purchase. It's a shame that there are those out there that have no intregrity about themselves.

:applause:

Wow that ticked off some people. :)

Just for the record I have never did that just like to debate with people.

My ending comment about integrity was directed at the OP's buyer, not you my friend.

Wow that ticked off some people. :)

Just for the record I have never did that just like to debate with people.

My ending comment about integrity was directed at the OP's buyer, not you my friend.

Thanks,

I didn't take it that way I just know how some people can jump things and though I would clearify.