• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Apparently "NEVER" does finally come...

21 posts in this topic

Would you believe that I just:

... bought an NCG slabbed commem to add to my PCGS commem set?

... think it is probably properly graded although I might try for an upgrade anyway.

... paid about a 900% premium for "color"

... and pulled the trigger just now.

What say you? Is this an April Fool's thing or is it real?

Thanks all. What's nice about the btw's is you can buy a real nice looking coin without going bankrupt ;)

I doubt when I get a Missouri or Hawaiian or Pan Pac or many others they will look like this one.

Well, if you're going to pay 9 times sheet then the BTW is the commem to buy! (thumbs u Imagine a Hawaiian, Hudson or Spanish trail at 9 X's? Ouch!

Gorgeous coin!

Notice how ole Booker T looks like Dennis Rodman with the purple/violet afro! :insane:

dennis-rodman-hair.jpg

I'll relate something personal. My wife allows me to enjoy my hobby and she pretends to have a little interest even though I know she doesn't. When looking at my other commems with rim toning she'll comment to the effect of "too bad about that grundge around the edge".

As I was excited to show her the picture of the BTW I hyped it up a little and said "are you ready?" When I opened the pic she just couldn't help herself and blurted out "it looks like they picked it up out of a garbage bin" lol

If she was a collector I'm thinking everything she bought would be blast white. ;)

I'll relate something personal. My wife allows me to enjoy my hobby and she pretends to have a little interest even though I know she doesn't. When looking at my other commems with rim toning she'll comment to the effect of "too bad about that grundge around the edge".

As I was excited to show her the picture of the BTW I hyped it up a little and said "are you ready?" When I opened the pic she just couldn't help herself and blurted out "it looks like they picked it up out of a garbage bin" lol

If she was a collector I'm thinking everything she bought would be blast white. ;)

You're married to Ricko? :o

I have found that almost all non-collectors (and for that matter many if not most collectors) much prefer blast white over toning. This is why so many coins get dipped.

The toning is pretty, but I can't agree with paying ten times sheet price, especially when Classic Commemoratives have not been popular for more than a decade.

You're married to Ricko? :o

:o(worship) (thumbs u

My wife also follows my collection, but she at one time was working on a gold type set so she has a fairly good grasp of what we own. However, given my tendancy to buy toned coins, the best response I ever get out of her is along the lines of "you've got others that are more ugly".

The toning is pretty, but I can't agree with paying ten times sheet price, especially when Classic Commemoratives have not been popular for more than a decade.

I understand and IF it had been pretty much any other commem except the BTW I wouldn't have done so. Filling up my fuel tank twice costs me about what the coin did so I'm still happy with it. (my tank is a 44 gal diesel tank)

Yes apparently NEVER does eventualy come. PCGS said they would NEVER put problem coins into their slabs. You bought the NGC and paid a premium for color. And two weeks ago I actually purchased a slabbed coin (gasp!!!). I fel so dirty and ashamed of myself.

Yes apparently NEVER does eventualy come.

And two weeks ago I actually purchased a slabbed coin (gasp!!!). I fel so dirty and ashamed of myself.

Yikes.jpg This has to be the most unexpected event of the thread!