• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OK Toned CC fans-what about this one?

14 posts in this topic

1) It's fairtraderz. They suck.

2) I wonder if they have ever sold a coin that isn't PQ!!!!!!

3) The color looks average at best.

4) S/H/I at $16 is way too high.

5) Skip it.

The image is skewed. My estimate is that they never do that unless there is something that they wish to cover-up with a foreshortened view (right Greg?). Their pictures are usually face on and very detailed, not fuzzy. tongue.gif

I wouldn't BIN it at that price. Sure it's a toned CC Morgan in an NGC holder...but to me the toning isn't so vibrant and "appealing" as to command a major premium. If you like it, give it a fair bidding, but I wouldn't go above market price for it...

Does not knock my socks off, but if you really like the coin then try a fair bid. I'll bet you won't get it because fairtraderz always wants too much for their coins and the reserve won't be met. Be sure to deduct some of the shipping cost from your bid.

Hoot

The image is definitely off. It looks like they are shaking the coin or camera while taking the picture. Many of their images are like this, yet some of their nicer looking coins have good images. I don't know why, but after 10,000+ auctions I can take a guess and it has nothing to do with their picture taking ability.

From what I have been told, Fairtraderz is basically a seller with no coin experience. They get coins in from estates and the like and they dump them on eBay. I would assume that most are low quality.

Based on their history, I'd pass on their auctions.

These guys sell a LOT of material, and they do run the place like a boiler room, so there is not a lot of time placed into the auctions, either the pictures or the descriptions. They price the coins, then list them, that's about it.

I have had success on a couple of occasions with them however. They do tend to take pretty good shots of untoned coins, or copper, which allow for a straight-on shot.

A coin like this, where the have to hold the coin at an angle to get the "colors" to appear right, is not going to be as vibrant many that you can find.

If you are looking for a toned CC dollar, contact GSAGuy on the PCGS boards. Can't remember if he's posted over here or not, but he's the man for finding those CC dollars.

enriched

I can't add much to what has been posted in regards to the coin. Some good advice. Just because a coin is toned does not automatically qualify it to sell at a premium, even though some sellers think otherwise.

Thanks for the help everyone. Fairtraderz seem to think they have a "live one" on the line here. I have heard back from them twice-now they want ME to make an

offer-their previous reserve was $800. Greysheet is what, about $400? I am searching for a NICE 65, not a cheap piece of .

I appreciate your responses.

e

I wrote up my Experience with them last week. As a result, I will never buy another coin from them. They usually as Greg mentioned, show good pictures of their coins. The fact that this version is so skewed and fuzzy makes me suspicious. They are one of only 2 negatives that I have posted in the past year on EBay. tongue.gif

I've had a bad experience with them as well. I won a beautiful PCGS early Washington from them. They sent a DIFFERENT coin than the one pictured. They were obviously trying to pull a fast one because they had a piece of tape covering the slab's ID number that said "PQ great deal". The problem was that they didn't cover half of the bar code. I busted them, and they said that they had just been robbed and were trying to make good by at least "filling my order". They refunded my money including shipping. I won't buy from them again.

Andy tongue.gif

That sounds like something they would say. The guy that answers the phone over there is a real Troll! He has more excuses then any 10 normal people. He would not know the truth if he saw it. tongue.gif