• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NGC's new Cert Look-Up

27 posts in this topic

Yes, all coins with the new holder were being photographed for inclusion in this new online verification program, which was slated to begin in early 2009. I guess it's now operational!

Interesting... DGS started with imaging coins over $100 for their visual population report. DGS started this last June.

Scott :hi:

Interesting... DGS started with imaging coins over $100 for their visual population report. DGS started this last June.

Other than David Lawrence, does anyone actually submit any coins worth over $100 to DGS?

Too bad it doesn't work now :(

If anyone can get it to work

Please verify this number for me that it is a 1c Red

2511064-007

Just got an error too on a coin that was working before

Give em some time :)

They do need to make it PUBLIC though.. my only complaint. You need to be logged in !

Just got an error too on a coin that was working before

Give em some time \:\)

They do need to make it PUBLIC though.. my only complaint.

You say it isn't working all the time yet and they don't have the bugs worked out yet, but you think they should have made it pubic already

Why so they can have a whole lot more complaints? And the fun of rying to fix it on the fly while everyone and their brother is trying to check it out?

It was probably simply their database was down for maintenance or busy.

Nothing different with it being public. You can't name one site that has never had internet availability problems. It happens.

It should be public no matter what. Any buyer should be able to do a cert lookup before/after buying a coin. Otherwise it is useless to the masses! by the time they register to be a NGC member, their refund period would be over ?

• Administrator

Nothing different with it being public. You can't name one site that has never had internet availability problems. It happens.

It should be public no matter what. Any buyer should be able to do a cert lookup before/after buying a coin. Otherwise it is useless to the masses! by the time they register to be a NGC member, their refund period would be over ?

Now that would be some slow typing. ;)

F n A Cotton! F n A! I just looked up one of the coins that I had sent in recently (and have not even gotten back yet) for re-holder and attribution and sure enough, NGC took pics! :grin: I love this tracking system! Great idea for authentication. The technology is there so why not use it? Kudos!

Now that would be some slow typing. ;)

Maybe I'm wrong (it's been a while since I registered) but I thought that access to your account, the registry, and most of the site features was instantaneous after you sign-up, which shouldn't take but about 15 minutes. Putting in the number and getting the result shouldn't exceed a minute once you know where to go for it. Most return periods last for at least 3 days unless the seller is just a jerk. So I tend to agree.

-"R" ... 5 hours later ... "E" .... 5 hours later ... "V"

Interestingly enough, I tried it out on a few coins and noticed that one I bought last November (11/2008), on ebay, was in the database with a photo. Very unflattering photo, so it isn't worth anything to look at, but it was still cool.

So, we know, at least, they were photographing/scanning coins at least back in October last year (going by the fact that it was on ebay early November and there would have been submission and ship time).

Interestingly enough, I tried it out on a few coins and noticed that one I bought last November (11/2008), on ebay, was in the database with a photo. Very unflattering photo, so it isn't worth anything to look at, but it was still cool.

So, we know, at least, they were photographing/scanning coins at least back in October last year (going by the fact that it was on ebay early November and there would have been submission and ship time).

They said all along that they have began photographing all coins in the new holders, and though the photos wouldnt be avalable right away, all would be available in early 2009 (now).