• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2009 Lincoln Cent Two-Roll Set “Birthplace” ~~~SOLD OUT~~~

25 posts in this topic

Well I ordered a set and they show "in stock and reserved" so I should get my set. Should've ordered 2 sets I guess.

I ordered 5 Sets and then called my brother and had him order 5 more sets for me!!

I am so glad I did!! :banana:

Yeah I was gonna get someone to get 5 more for me.. but international shipping is a heist so 5 will do.

Glad to see they are all gone ! 100,000 sets is the word.

Yeah a couple days before sellout ;)
All I was stating is it looks like 100,000 for the mintage of the sets!!

There is already Buy-it-Knows on eBay for $75-85!!

It amazes me what people will pay for this modern copper coated aluminum. For 8.95, they at least could have been all copper.

And 75 bux on E-bay. There is a sucker born every minute I guess.

MM

Yep some auctions ending at $82 etc

Tempting to sell all 5 with that happening, but want to keep em. They are early release so to speak.. and have a special wrapper :) keepers I say

Two rolls (1 P & 1 D) just sold for $138... 2 of my 3 sets that were just shipped are gone if they're going for this price. I'll take the money and buy a $2.5 Indian gold coin - I see that as an overall investment upgrade.

Man at these prices, if they stay that way, I may have to sell the only set I have coming. I'm not much of a lincoln collector anyway. Who knows!!

SELL, SELL, SELL!

The present prices are sustained by the novelty and hype of the new cent. Sell now because the prices will never be this high again!

SELL, SELL, SELL!

The present prices are sustained by the novelty and hype of the new cent. Sell now because the prices will never be this high again!

Thats what I did!!

I sold 4 sets so far and made a $288.48!! :banana:

I sold 2 sets with $100 Buy-It-Now's and the other 2 went for $94.32 and $95.32!!

People are paying crazy prices for these sets!!

I also had my brother buy 5 sets but I told him today to sell them all right know!!

I will let him keep the money!!

Well it off to heritage to buy some coins!! lol

lol good work :)

Definitely gonna consider flogging some off

But what I suggest is to wait until you have 5 sets of ALL FOUR new cent rolls. As soon as that last set of rolls is hyping up like the current ones, list an obnoxious buynow with offers for 4 P & 4 D one of each ! :D

Man,what a hit!! My account was charged today for Lincolns . I had a UHR St.Gaudens on the order too. When I made this order,it showed the St.Gaudens "in stock" and the Cents "backordered". I really thought I'd get the gold first.According to the Mint rep., it looks like the 24th of May before the gold ships., Anyone ordering now are going to wait at least 3 months.Geez,what a mess.

I wonder what's up with these being shipped. My measley one set has been "in stock and reserved" since I purchased them. You call the mint and wait to dial "0" for customer serv and all ya get is no one to answer the phone and they hang up. :(

Despite what you read , there are some getting into commerce . I got four in change while going through Monroe , Louisianna last week . I asked the clerk if she had anymore in the register , but she didn't . Think someone bought a roll from ebay and then spent them as change ?

The 2009 log cabin type . I cut one ( the ding ' d one) in half with my snips , yeup copper coated zinc .

I'll wait until they start making it to the banks and get them for face.

I thought the plain ole 2008's were never going to make it into the commerce stream.......but....

I have about 10 rolls of 2008 P & D cents now , at face ....and about 10 rolls mixed I purchased off ebay along with other rolled coins .

Eventually even these will find their way into commerce .

The biggie is going to be getting Mint sets and special sets to get the Bronze cents without the zinc core ....these woulod probably be worth paying the premium for over the zincolns that will eventually make their way to the banks , one day....hopefully .

Man, I've been avoiding reading this thread because I foolishly didn't order any! Now I'm gonna have to fork out the bux to purchase a pair!

Now I'm gonna have to fork out the bux to purchase a pair!

But, but, Sam! I thought that you already had the biggest pair in Texas?! :o

Yeah, bummer, I didn't buy any rolls either. I'd sell 'em real quick on ebay. I am going to buy the max number of the Lincoln dollar and cent sets, though. I think that they'll do really good!