• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Are you going to buy the Louis Braille Silver Dollar?

Do you like the design?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the design?

11 posts in this topic

The United States Mint provided Louis Braille Silver Dollar prices and gave notice it will offer introductory prices for the silver coins beginning March 26. It also threw a new Braille product into the mix.

Through to April 27, the initial pricing for the bicentennial coins honoring Braille’s birth will be $37.95 for the proof silver coin and $31.95 for the uncirculated version, according to the Federal Register which published the Mint memo.

Prices will increase to $41.95 and $33.95, respectively, following the introductory period.

Proof-Louis-Braille-Silver-Dollar-C.jpg

I think that Esther from Sanford and Son would look better on a coin than this one. And as Red Foxx would say, "Esther, you are so ugly, I could put your face in flour and make gorilla cookies!"

But, I will still purchase the PR/MS versions of this coin to keep my set up to date.

I think that Esther from Sanford and Son would look better on a coin than this one. And as Red Foxx would say, "Esther, you are so ugly, I could put your face in flour and make gorilla cookies!"

lol-022.gif