• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Untoched Morgans from 1942

20 posts in this topic

Everyone in my family knows that I collect coin and they always save coins that they think I might like. Well my mom got married a few years ago and while I was at a family dinner with my step-dad's side of the family, his mom and dad found out that I collect coins and then showed me some of the coins that they have. Nothing really that special but then they told me that when they got married in 1942 they received over 100 morgan dollars for wedding presents. I immediately jumped out of my seat and asked to look at those coins but she told me that they were at the bank in the safe box. She said that they have saved them since they were all gifts. I then asked what else do you have in the safe box and she said that she has a whole mason jar full of 2-cent pieces. She said that they were hoarding the 2-cent pieces in the 40's. (worship) She also said there is some indian head pennies and walkers and lost of other coins. She said she couldn't remember all of the coins that were in the safe box because she hasn't look in the safe box for over 10 years.

She said she will take me to the bank so I check the collection out.

I cant wait to check out the 2-Cent pieces, I already told her I want the whole jar!! :acclaim:

Is there a chance that she has any top notch morgans in the safe box?

I would say it is unlikely that you will find a treasure of financial value in the Morgan dollars. Since this was prior to the Fed release of millions of MS coins, these were likely circulated pieces.

I'd have higher hopes for the 2-cent jar than the Morgans.

A whole mason jar is at least 100 pieces, and is bound to contain something interesting.

Keep us posted!

I'd have higher hopes for the 2-cent jar than the Morgans.

A whole mason jar is at least 100 pieces, and is bound to contain something interesting.

Keep us posted!

I can't wait to get the 2-cents........I have already told here that I want to buy the whole jar......I better start making payments!! lol lol

Better have your Cherrypickers Guide ready! :headbang:

Yeah...I know but still cant wait to look thru......I love short sets!!

I better my Dansco Album now!! hm

Unfortunately I am residing on the negative side because that is the era where they liked to make their coins look real pretty and shiney by polishing them to extreme LUSTER :)

I hope I am wrong .... There is still the silver content :)