• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1943-D Lincoln steel cent NGC MS68

29 posts in this topic

Just some quick research... in the last three years, Teletrade has only sold one example. It sold in October of last year for $525. If you are thinking of accepting that 320 offer, you'd do much better by consigning it.

A search through the Heritage archives shows only 37 examples of all 1943 cents. None of those were from the Denver mint. So, even with a population of 172 it seems it's pretty rare?

Quick link to the HA archives.

http://coins.ha.com/common/search_results.php?D=1943&Ne=16&Ntt=1943&Ntk=SI_Titles&Ntx=mode%2Bmatchall&y=8&N=51+790+231+308+76&x=11&erpp=50

Well coindude,you buy it for that price.If you dont want to buy it,mind your own business.Now yes it did bring a little more last year,but that was before 22 were certified by ngc and 37 were certified last year by pcgs.And the auctions take away 15% of the total price for the sale.

Even if those numbers did jump by that much they still aren't being sold. Which means they will bring a premium. I just wanted to inform the seller and if I offended you in any way, it was not my intent.

Just to let you know, even with the 15% juice, that would make this a $455 coin.

You keep wasting your money and time on e-bay.I am the only one who has made a serious offer.Everyone has an oponion and no one else wants to buy it 320.00....I know,start it off an a penny with no reserve and see where it will go!!!!

<<I know,start it off an a penny with no reserve and see where it will go!!!! >>

I agree. Good idea!

I can't believe you actually did it! :o

Good luck. :wishluck: I hope it does well. :)

Just to let you know, even with the 15% juice, that would make this a $455 coin.
Man, was I close or what!! I must be a genius or something.... ok, or something! ;)

Man, was I close or what!! I must be a genius or something.... ok, or something! ;)

I could have told you that! But I'll keep you guessing which one it is. lol

I'm glad that these coins brought decent money. It would be both a shame to the seller and the hobby if they went dirt cheap.

I could have told you that! But I'll keep you guessing which one it is. lol

I'm glad that these coins brought decent money. It would be both a shame to the seller and the hobby if they went dirt cheap.

Well I bid it up to $410.09.....sure wish I could have won the coin!!