• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Color of labels on NGC Slabs

5 posts in this topic

I have seen NGC graded coins with black labels and brown labels. Just what does that mean?

it means there are variations/generations of slabs and since no slab has an encapsulated date on the slab, these variations of slabs (if you know when and how long they were used) can be dated approximately to a certain year

for example the raised hot stamped reverse white ngc slabs are pre 1990

there is a thread about this and also a book written by one of our board members about this very subject

"...there is a thread about this and also a book written by one of our board members about this very subject..."

As far as I'm concerned this should be required reading for all coin collectors...

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2248404&page=1#Post2248404

And thanks again to Conder101 for this labor of love. Best NGC holder reference I have ever seen.