• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

It's Time To Open It Up: PCGS Registry SHOULD accept NGC Coins.

15 posts in this topic

It would be a killer marketing move on PCGS's part and one that would defray some of the bad press.

But, let's say PCGS did open up their Registry to include NGC coins- how would that play out with NGC's Registry?

At this point, any move that PCGS makes appears to be like the little boy who put his finger in the leaking dike. The flood is coming, and anything they do is just stopping the flow temporarily.

It's bad enough that the President of PCGS up and leaves for the competitor, and says that the competitor is the new standard. At this point, PCGS can't do anything to further legitimize the competition, and that would do it.

Keith- it could also have the effect of symbolizing that PCGS not only listens but ACTS on sound advice.

This tactic worked well for NGC, starting about a year or so ago and would serve PCGS.

Collectors and Dealers are just begging, internally, for PCGS to "do the right thing". Any move in that direction can only help PCGS.

Look how welcomed collectors became when D. Hall wrote on the boards. Imagine their enthusiasm when he DOES something!

I agree, that down the road, they should consider it, and it would revive their dying Registry program. The number of registered sets is increasing, but participation on the forum there is dead, and you're not seeing those monster sets cropping up anymore. PCGS damaged their program by adding too many novelty sets (mint sets, full bullion sets, etc...).

Right now though, if PCGS did anything to suggest NGC was "equal," I think that it would do more harm than good. Better to focus on chopping the finger off the fingerprinter and fixing issues like that which affect all collectors.

Do you really believe that if NGC was first out with the registry phenomenom, they would have allowed PCGS slabs to be entered, I don't. PCGS will never acquiesce. I hope they don't, it will drive up the cost of NGC coins, or hope they don't do it until I can dump some PCGS coins. wink.gif

PCGS damaged their program by adding too many novelty sets (mint sets, full bullion sets, etc...).

I'm sure glad they stopped doing that and now only add worthy sets, like Canadian coins.

NGC promised Rick he would never have to grade darkside coins........ he jumped at the offer! Even at half pay Rick said it was a good deal! wink.gif

There must have been a Spooly quota written into Rick's contract. Only allowed X number of contacts with Spooly per week, not to exceed... ooo.gif

Oh it's all excessive.

wink.gif Hoot

Bet is 9 to 5 that he will not accept NGC Coins. My reasoning is that reversing his position requires and internal admission that his marketing policies have failed.tongue.gif