• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Early Commem Collection To Date

14 posts in this topic

I figured I'd try to do a picture that shows what I have to date. I doubt I'll ever finish the set. I have some nicer pics of some of the coins that were taken by others, but thought I'd do this one with pictures that only I took, I need to redo some shots it appears :blush:.

Comments good or bad welcomed as I'm still learning...

EarlyCommemSet.jpg

Wow! Very nice collection. I love the luster underneath the toning, plus the consistent look you have to the series. Well done and thanks for sharing your treasures with us! Whether you finish the series or not, you have a:

^^

It looks like the beginnings of a beautiful set. My only negative comments have to do with the picture itself. You reduced the size to the point that the pictures all look very grainy. Also, I think the presentation would be better if there was some order to the coins, alphabetical or chronological or something. Maybe you have some pattern there, but I just haven't discovered it yet. Perhaps this is the order that you purchased them. hm

What a wonderful start to a full set! I too am working on these bad boys and hope to finish someday, sooner than not. :) I currently have just over 50 coins in my set thus far which includes a completed BTW set of 18 coins.

Thanks all. I need to figure out how to put all the pics on one page without having to reduce them so much... I'll mess with it later.

All of these are in PCGS slabs and most of them are 65's. There are a few 66's, one 67, one 64 and one 58.

As far as order goes... there was no rhyme or reason as to how I put them on the page but I like the idea of putting them in order of release. I'll try that next time.

Very nice - The collection is so evenly matched the DANIEL BOONE almost doesn;t belong :) - Its too dam white hehehe

Very Beautiful set Richard

Thanks all.

The Boone doesn't match and I'll change it out one day. It actually has some color right at the rims but not enough to match the look of the set. It looks dipped in the picture but not so in hand.

I should have bought Lee's the other day :(.