• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A little help please re: pictures for my registry set(s)

7 posts in this topic

Good evening all. I have unsuccessfully tried (numerous times) to post pictures of my coins for my registry set. After each attempt , I receive an error that states my picture exceeds the 120kb limit. I am not very familiar with how I may reduce the picture size so I can add it to my set(s).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Filthy

Try whatever photo program you are using when you save them, to see if it has the o[ption to "Save to Web" or something of that sort. It will let you change pixels and give you the KB size also. I usually downsize mine to about 325-350pixels and this will do it.

I use the Microsoft Office Picture Manager. This is the only program I've found so far this will let me resize my pictures, change the compression rate, and other such things. My Franklin pictures usually need to be around 550x550 to meet the limit.

Good evening all. I have unsuccessfully tried (numerous times) to post pictures of my coins for my registry set. After each attempt , I receive an error that states my picture exceeds the 120kb limit. I am not very familiar with how I may reduce the picture size so I can add it to my set(s).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Filthy

Whatever program you have, crop the photos and make them smaller. Each time you make them smaller, run your mouse over it and it should read what size the picture has become ie, "117kb". Stop when you get below the 120 kb standard.

That should do it.

I've had pretty good luck using Microsoft Paint. I open the pic, click on Image, scroll down to Resize/Skew and Resize the image until it's at the 120kb or under range. Works every time for me. Good luck!

I use Photobucket to host my pictures.. It's free and lets you upload all your images and all you post is a URL to your pictures in the forum,whatever size they are.There is a option to size your pictures for posting The best resolution to use is either 640 or 800. Anything larger is too big to see in a post. There's a small learning curve.Shouldn't be too difficult.I did it!!

Well , 1st off , I'd like to thank everyone for their help!!

It seems that Glossy's suggestion seemed to work the best (if not the easiest)

Now if only my pics weren't so horrible...... lol

But once again , I appreciate all your responses.

Thanks,

Filthy