• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Have any of y'all ever bought a pound lot on Ebay?

16 posts in this topic

I've always sort of wondered what I would get in one of those pound lots on Ebay. I'm sure there's nothing very valuable, most of them are probably well picked over, but I like going through a large pile of coins, figuring out what they all are and such. So I decided to buy one - but I wasn't content with just a pound. Oh no, the fun would be over too quickly. So I went for a 15 pound lot! I got it for a good price, $110 including shipping, which is much cheaper than alot of the sellers are offering. So, relate your pound lot experiences, and I will let you guys know how my searching goes.

every couple months i get a huge 25-50 lb lot from ebay to look through. some are newer and some sell lower dates it depends on location i think. it is great fun and i have found some very kool coins i had never seen before. i go throu them then i sell them off and repeat.

keep us up to date on fun finds.

I keep thinking I need to buy some of these poundage lots. There are a lot of types I need form the 70's, 80's, and 90's that catalog very low (25 cents to 2 dollars). The low cost means that dealers can't afford to lug them to shows and it isn't cost effective for them to put them on lists. So I assume they get dumped into poundage.

I keep thinking I need to buy some of these poundage lots. There are a lot of types I need form the 70's, 80's, and 90's that catalog very low (25 cents to 2 dollars). The low cost means that dealers can't afford to lug them to shows and it isn't cost effective for them to put them on lists. So I assume they get dumped into poundage.

What kind of stuff are you looking for?

i just baught another 25lbs from him. i will show some goodies as usual when i get them :)

i tried a different seller the last order and got more new euro stuff :( this seller posted above has some nice older stuff in group usualy.

On the British West Africa tenth penny, do you have the interesting one? The BWA tenth and half pennies of 1936 were the only British Commonwealth coins to be issued in the name of Edward VIII. No coins were issued with his portrait, and only those two with his name on them. (They also issued 1936 coins of the same design with the name of George V on them.)

I thought this thread would be about those lots of uncleaned ancient coins I see on ebay all the time. I was wondering if anything good can come out of those.

I got a lot of dirt and some coins out of one of those. Most of the dirt lumps I got were of late Roman origin, but I did get one small Greek copper and one that looked like it could have been a "widow's mite" (prutah) at one time.