• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guess the grade of this 1917 Type 1 SLQ

6 posts in this topic

I usually do not buy raw but this coin looked great and the price seemed right .

I will be submitting it to be graded in a few weeks.

Can you guess the grade assigned by the coin dealer?

These pictures are from my scanner.

FYI – That is not rub on the left leg , sometimes a scanner will pick up stuff that is not there.

66576.jpg.f359f232ad86cbe899af005cd2140dde.jpg

66577.jpg.4dcb1b590ed7c616ca99c4f22d375543.jpg

With proper pictures, I'll bet that SLQ is gorgeous! I'm going to go with (assuming there really is no wear as you assert) MS-64. I'm not really a student of the series so I can't say FH or not, but it does seem well struck.

Nice,nice. It looks at least 64 FH. I'm aiming for one of these in the near future. Just one thing. Does anyone see anything strange with the top-side of the right wing( the pointing towards STATES. Is that just feather definition or pitting?

There is a very small nick on the third wing from the right . The scanner picked it up in a strange way. This coin was graded MS64 FH by Stacks. I picked it up last week for

$ 300 before premium. I was also happy with this coin just like I was with the 1818 Bust. It has nice head detail and the shield looks pretty nice even though it would not be considered full. The Head detail on this one if quite nice and maybe even a little better then that 1917-D MS65 I just picked up. Overall this 1917 is a well stuck coin. Here is the Auction link for this coin.

http://www.stacks.com/lotdetail.aspx?lrid=AN00108610&fs=true