• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HE speaks.....

34 posts in this topic

Yes, he has spoken, and now the whole PCGS forum has turned into a David Hall love-fest! I wish he'd shut up already!!! How quickly they forget the they've endured when they have a brief encounter with "greatness."

Jeff,

I can't believe how nauseating it's gotten over there. Were we like this when DWL first graced this site? (I don't recall, because he, John, Dena, et al, are here regularly and are a part of this community.)

I'm a firm believer that the greater the competition amongst the major players, the better it'll be for the consumers (you and me!). But, I think it's too early to tell if David Hall would be able to maintain the feel-good that he's developed, and to turn it into something substantial.

Personally, I could care less if DHall does continue his appearance there. I can't stand the focking arsehole. And, I've half a mind to ask him about the conflict of interest with CU being a grader, pricer and retailer of their own product.

I would love to see competition with NGC thrive. I don't really care if it's PCGS or ANACS or whatever. But, I definitely do NOT wish DHall much success...

EVP

I too wonder whether the love fest will be long term.

The #1 man at PCGS just jumped ship and said that the #2 company was not only equal, but better. That is a huge blow for the image, and couldn't have come at a worse time considering the problems the parent company is having with their stock price performance.

David Hall has no choice but to respond and strengthen his company's position. But hopefully, this move will let some more people realize that there is more than one top-tier grading service.

Great thread! I am also wondering if he is doing damage contol and after a while it will be the same as before or is this a wakeup call and they will be more rsponsive to the consumer? CHRIS

I feel anger towards him. I feel that he has taken a great product and an important component of our industry, and he made it his own personal play thing.

I feel that his actions have caused me to waste quite a bit of my money.

And, I feel that he's only on the boards for a quick feel-good effort to quell the masses.

EVP

Time will tell what sort of reaction he gets. I actually thought more supporters would come out of the wood work, then did. I think that this indicates what I have been saying, that many of the collectors over there do and will continue to collect coins in PCGS predominantly for reasons other than any respect for PCGS other than how the market perceives the so called pricing premium on certain issues. Copper and moderns still carry a substantial premium. In any event it will be an interesting year for us.

Totally off the subject, I read anacondas post this morning and so far I have been neutral on the guy, but this post made me sick to my stomach or is it the flu I am fighting off. Any one else have this reaction? Link

Where is this Anaconda guy's head (don't say, it was a rhetorical question). His statement of " Why don't you be the first to accept both PCGS and NGC coins" shows a deep and abiding stupidity. Where has this load been parked all this time, while all this controversy has been going on? tongue.gif

It's a shame that people take time to rip someone like that they don't know personally and have never met. Adrian's a great guy who is extremely passionate about the hobby and just suffers from being as blunt as GMarguli.

keith being blunt is one thing, but publicly humiliating a person who has a serious disease is quite another. Many of us have lost loved ones to mental illness, aka depression. He hopped way over the line. mad.gif

Yes, I agree 100% with that IrishMike, there is definately a difference in being blunt and making comments in very bad taste about someone else.

Dragon

Whenever threads like the one being discussed come up, I always try to picture what would be said IN PERSON. Putting all the combatants in a room together face to face. It would make a good psychological study.

Andy laugh.gif

It's really kinda sad and disturbing, but he has succeeded in quelling the David Hall love-fest, and turned it into an Adrian hate-fest.

Pat when is the last time in the coin forum you saw a member openly poke cruel fun at someone who has a disease? I know you to be a sensitive guy, I hope you aren't condoning this kind of behavior.

Folks,

My feelings towards DH is unambiguous. It should surprise no one that as disgusted as I find Adrian, I am pleased that at least he has taken the spotlight away from DH.

Call it a seredipitous turn of events...

EVP