• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Proof Frankie. What should I expect?

5 posts in this topic

I pulled this out of a package a few weeks back. I'm gonna send it in to PCGS, but what should I expect? I'm hoping 68Cam. There are no hairlines You guys have more experience than me. Please be honest!!! Thanks.

3.jpg2.jpg1.jpg6.jpg5.jpg4.jpg

If you send it to NGC, I think you will get a 67Cam*. It may be a 68, I can't really tell that from the pics, but the cameo on the obverse appears to be very strong. I don't think its quite strong enough on the reverse to qualify for UCam.

The value ranges between a PR-67DCAM vs. PR-68CAM are not that far apart, so if the services went either way it would still be a winner. This Franklin has a solid cameo appearance along with a nice crisp strike…a very handsome coin to be just pulled from a mint package, a very lucky find indeed.

Not a DCAM at either service unfortunately, too much "shine" on the Yoke of the Bell. Now the obverse if it's not there, is almost all the way there. If you notice on the back of Ben's head, below the "B" of "LIBERTY" and just a bit to the right. That's what the whole coin needs to look like for a true dcam/ucam. And as far as I'm concerned, if a coin ucams at ngc then it should and probably would at pcgs. Is it star quality? Maybe, I would but NGC might not. I like the piece very much and it should easily go 67 maybe 68. Tiny hairlines are usually only visible if you tilt the coin at the correct angle where the light will reflect on it.

So, all in all, it's a gorgeous coin. I'll put a vote in for 68 cam which would be great! Personally I would consider a 67* a better grade and value for you. I'd hope for that.