• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marketing Ploy: PCGS should slab CU Stock Certificates.

10 posts in this topic

I think it would work. Make the Coin Universe stock certificates collectible.

Slab and grade them!

Wrap an American Flag around the holder and you've got a real winner.

Pat,

CU ( Communist Unlimited ) would never allow such a Marketing Ploy. Look how many people they have banned for use of freedom of speech on the forums. Just today someone came over here.

Coolcoin

Pat:

Your idea is funny!!

About 30 years ago I purchased 3 shares of Playboy stock to give to friends for Christmas because Playboy stock had a nude engraved on it. At the time, Playboy stock was selling for about $2.50 a share, so 3 shares were cheap. However, the certificate arrived after Christmas and it was 1 certificate good for 3 shares of stock rather than 3 separate certificates. But it had the nude on it! Well, I couldn't give the certificate away because it was too late and anyway I wanted 3 certificates. So, I hung onto it over the years. At some point in time, Playboy changed their stock so that the shares no longer had a nude on them. And, by so doing, they made my certiifcate a collectable! The last time I looked, a certificate with a nude on it was going for about $150...well above the value of 3 shares of Playboy, which today is $28.

Mark

Mark,

Do an E-Bay search for old stock certificates. You will find that many early certificates had scantily clad or nude women on them, if only allegorical representations. I believe that at one time, it was a requirement for the NYSE-listed stocks.