• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kinda OT - Currency Obsevations

5 posts in this topic

I wonder if any of you, like me, notice peculiar things about the currency that circulates in your area. Like when I lived in Portland, it seemed as though $10 bills never really circulated. Buy something for $5 and pay with a $20 and 9 times out of 10, you got three fives back. Now that I live in Seattle, they have tens, but is seems like far more of the old style bills circulate here. It seems like a third to a half of the fives and tens I get are older ones, I've even received an old $20 from change at the grocery store. Haven't seen one of those in a couple years. Do any of you notice odd patterns of currency circulating where you live?

I'm not at all sure that $10 bills circulate in Dallas, either, but I also suspect that it has more to do with the type of bills that local ATMs dispense than anything else.

Believe it or not, I know a McDonald's in Dallas county where they not only understand that 2 * 5 = 10, but they also understand that if you want to order the Sausage McMuffin without egg at a discount, it's a silly idea to have to order the Sausage McMuffin with egg and then have to pluck the egg. This may be the best McDonald's in existence.

Of course, it's only about two miles from the Collin County line. wink.gif

Well, the atms in Portland and Seattle only hand out 20s, so I don't see how that could impact 5s and 10s? I do agree though, McDonalds mostly sucks, though I love the suasage biscuits and hash browns.