• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1812 CBH with Rotated Reverse

3 posts in this topic

1812 CBH

The reverse of this CBH is rotated about 90 degrees; also the edge lettering is not spaced properly. Unfortunately, there is a big gouge on the obverse at Liberty's neck, and it appears to have been cleaned at some point it its history. If the photo is clear enough, can anyone speculate on a grade, considering the damage and cleaning? Any idea what the rotation error might be worth, and how much would the damage and cleaning detract?

Gordon

Rotation does not do anything to the value. I can't see the coin well enough to determine an Overton die paring number, but most are common so I would value the coin at around 50 bucks. I think this coin would net F 12 for a grade.

WOW! That's a heck of a divot there on Miss Liberty's bust line, to bad.

The damage is significant to reduce this Bustie to about half of what it would have been worth. You seem to know quite a bit about this coin and the condition factors, are you a collector?

Welcome to this little corner of the woods.