• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gold closed today wed. 11/12/03 at $395.30 whats in your wallet?

5 posts in this topic

silver closed at 5.34

are you bullish on gold? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

will you buy choice to gem common date saints? better dated gold coins? bullion? none/some/all of the above??

when will it end???????????????????flamed.gif

comments?

michael

Re: gold closed today wed. 11/12/03 at $395.30 whats in your wallet?

$40 and 200 Mexican Pesos, and a bunch of credit cards and a driver's license, and my Safeway Club card.

As for gold, I just bought a 1924-S Saint in MS-62, I'll try to post photos when it arrives in the mail. I did pay a smidge over spot 27_laughing.gif, so the rise in gold didn't really have an impact on my decision (though I am not complaining about gold near $400!).

I think that gold I bought in the early 1990's at $390 is starting to make me a profit? I would have doubled my money at 5% in a CD in this amount of time though so I guess I am really not ahead unless gold more than doubles. mike

Yeah I'm thinking about selling to Kitco but there is a charge of $20 to send me a check by Fedex or the other alternative is $40 to wire. Add registry shipping and ins. and I'll be out another $15. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

It looks too expensive to sell.

Leo