• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Morgan 1879 CC with rim "nick"...slabable?

9 posts in this topic

I like this coin, but I am concerned about the nick that can be seen on the reverse at about 11 o'clock.

The seller states the nick is there, but is confined as you see it.

XF coin, but will it pass muster at PCGS or NGC for slabbing?

Thanks. 1879CCAPMEX.jpg1879CCAPMEX2.jpg

I don't see why that should hold it back. After all, it is a circulated coin. Maybe Mark could give you a definitive answer.

Chris

I just saw this coin and sorry for the delayed comment. The coin will slab especially it being a "CC" for the nic's on the cartwheel - However the coins color is somewhat diffused which kind of concerns me as to a chemical bath of sorts

(cleaning) - I would have rather seen a dark ugly color than this whitish washed out version. Let us know how you make out if you do send it in.

Regards

Mike

Mine is pictured as an example and not to deter from your in any way

64454.jpg.3911505dc869583ed5614ee585ea3ffd.jpg

I don't think that NGC would body bag that coin for the nick, but I'm concerned about the color. The coin was cleaned at some point, and given that it might not grade.