• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Book on Gold - By Dr. R. Loewinger

10 posts in this topic

We just received 20 copies of Dr. R. Loewinger's book on Gold, "Proof Gold Coinage of the United States".

Dr. Loewinger is considered one of the top authorities and collector of US Gold coinage.

In the book, Dr. Loewinger covers, Gold coinage denominations $1, $2 ½, $3, $4, $5, $10, $20 and a chapter on Modern Gold. Further he has a chapter on Coin Grading, Pricing and Rarity and Purchasing Coins.

Both David Hall and Mark Salzberg recommend this book on US Gold Coinage (their comments are on the back cover of the book).

The retail price for this book is $49.95. If you have in interest in this book we are offering it to you for $40.00 delivered.

Call me or PM if you would like one of these books.

Todd

His chapter on the $20's is for the Double Eagle and only a paragraph or two on Saint's.

When we talk to him I will ask him about the Saints.

Todd

Rick Tomaska and Val Webb already have that book.

Title is, "Cameo and Brilliant Proof Coinage of the 1950 to 1970 Era" I am looking at the book - it is a nice book to have.

Todd

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

jtryka,

It's a bit out of date, but David W. Akers' 1988 book on 20th Century U.S. gold coins is very good for Saint-Gaudens twenties and their contemporaries. You should be able to locate a used copy without too much difficulty.