• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IKE Help Please...

7 posts in this topic

This mornings fun time is being spent going through some coins I've had since being a kid. I found that I have 40 or so IKE's all business strikes. Most are circulated or dinged up pretty good although some look MS and a couple look mid MS.

I knew a little so I've already been able to determine that of the 4 '72's that they are all variety 3 (was hoping to find a 2 ;)).

I do have one fairly nice condition '72-D Peg Leg in the bunch but I don't know if they are "special" or not.

What other things should I be looking for on these coins ? Any help or if you could direct me to a resource to study I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

Richard

I don't really know much more about Ikes than that. I do know that the Bicentennial reverse comes in two types, one with thick letters and one with thin letters. Not sure about the price difference on that one.

I've been trying to locate a copy of The Authoritative Reference on Eisenhower Dollars , co-authored by John Wexler, Kevin Flynn and Billy Crawford, for a few years without success.

Chris

I've been trying to locate a copy of The Authoritative Reference on Eisenhower Dollars , co-authored by John Wexler, Kevin Flynn and Billy Crawford, for a few years without success.

Chris

Here ya go! Scroll about halfway down. These guys are good, its where I bought my Overton.

http://www.stantonbooks.com/books_dollar_coins.htm