• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Here is an NGC Morgan I'd be pleased if you would grade

12 posts in this topic

It is hard to tell about the luster from the photos, but I am going to say MS66 if the luster is good. Great toning and overall eye appeal with clean surfaces.

65* because of the light chatter that breaks up the tone in front of the Lady. bit of color break behind the bust due to a hit maybe? I see some light chatter on the cheek, not a problem though, pretty common. If it's a 65, the color might bring it to 66, and if a 64 then upgraded to 65, but definitely a star.

Oooh, I think you got robbed on at least the star unless it was pre star era.

6 digit numbers where PRE Star

Thanks. I just purchased it today from my local coin shop. I personally believe NGC is a bit too liberal with the star rating and this Morgan, is pretty, and I like it, but the toning is a bit too 'blotchy' (for the lack of a better term) to be awarded the STAR.

I was going to guess MS-63. Is it possible that in lieu of a star, they bumped the grade up?
NGC didn't have the STAR system in play when this Morgan was graded (as stated above) so I'm going with, "no" to your question James.

Oooh, I think you got robbed on at least the star unless it was pre star era.

6 digit numbers where PRE Star

good info to have :) thanks