• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Washington Quarter Variety Question

5 posts in this topic

I am looking for the associated FS number for a 1939 S quarter designated by Wexler/Flynn and Wiles as WDDO-001, 1-O-V. I don't have a Cherrypickers guide for the FS number. BTW, can anyone tell me what volume of the Cherrypickers Guide Washingtons are in?

Thanks,

Andy laugh.gif

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Presently there are no Cherrypicker varieties for the 1939-S 25c.

Denominations from half dimes through gold and commemoratives are found in the 3rd edition Cherrypickers' Guide, which is out of print. I speak with J. T. Stanton on a fairly regular basis, and he's just about to start the second volume of the fourth edition, which will cover these denominations. It should come out sometime next year.

I speak with J. T. Stanton on a fairly regular basis, and he's just about to start the second volume of the fourth edition, which will cover these denominations. It should come out sometime next year

I'm sorry, but JT has been saying this for a LONG time now. He should just admit that he has no idea when part 2 will come out.

David,

The 1939 S I mentioned is in an un-attributed NGC MS65 holder. I would like to send it in for attribution. Will NGC attribute it with the Wexler/Flynn number?

Thanks,

Andy