• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"Thank You" from Peace dollar book author

11 posts in this topic

This weekend is devoted to wrapping up the new book on Peace dollars. It will be released by Whitman Publishing LLC on November 11, 2008 at 11:00am – 90 years to the hour after the armistice that brought an end to WW-1 fighting.

While checking text and assembling all the photos for the publisher, I was reminded of the generosity of so many forum members. Many of you kindly provided photos of coins from your collections for use in the book. These include details of varieties, spectacular errors, quite a few obv/rev pairs for use in the date & mint sections, and fascinating overstruck Peace dollars.

Although every contributor will be recognized in the book and their photos accompanied by a credit line, there are others who, while not having an image that was needed, still offered their suggestions, support and good advice. Your interest and willingness to help are most appreciated

To all of you, collectively, and each, individually, a very sincere “Thank You!”

Looking forward to it. I wonder if I should add it to my Winter-Holiday-of-Choice wish list now or if I'll remember later. hm

Oh, and what are you going to end up using for the cover? :grin: Or you can just tell me you're not going to use my coin and I'll stop asking. ;)

Haven't decided on a cover design although forum members had some very interesting and attractive suggestions.

Another gem of a book from the Century's best numismatic author. :applause:

Way to go Roger!

Mark.