Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The HepKitty loves Franklins...

31 posts in this topic

I never did announce myself, sorry. I'm Lucille, some know me from the PCGs forums, I have been here alot reading some great info. I collect comics and will be posting in those forums. I love music from the 1950s and have been running one of the most popular real audio websites in the country for this type of music. I travel all around the country looking for music, meeting musicians and looking for coins. I will be traveling to Portland Oregon this weekend and I hope to make a coin show in Tacoma, Washington next Saturday. I love Franklin halves!!!!! Oh Ben sure is SEXY!!!!!!!!! He just sends Lucy out of this world Daddy-o! Did I say I love and LIVE the 1950s??????

Some nice rainbow toning, did this baby grade ms66? Clean fields with what may be a slight nick on Frankies head.... I love it!

Great coin, Keith. I bet we can not buy these two for $25.00! tongue.gif

I also just bought a 1961 MS65 (see attachment) that is pretty clean. The stuff on the shoulder is junk trapped in the PCGS holder.

59514-1961PFranklin.jpg.79b910fd0c6b33a95d4c91d63fe2393e.jpg

Oldtrader3--

Thanks for the scans of the 58-D Washington. I like that coin a lot! Funny, I just had a 58-D slab 67 at PCGS this week. I pulled it straight out of a mint set. The toning is wild. I think it bumped it a grade, because I thought it might even get a 65. But, I'm a paranoid grader I find. I should be getting it back in the mail today. I can't wait to see it again. I will get it photographed and post a picture when I have one. Judging by your coin, this one would also be right up your alley.

In other news, I just purchased a 52 Wash/Carver set, all coins NGC 65 this morning. I am real excited about that. The 52-D's are tough to find nice. This one looks pretty good.

Lucy-- you should really get into the Carver series, being the child of the 50's you are. If you can learn to appreciate Ben, you can get behind George W and Booker T too.

Clankeye

Keith: Sorry for the late reply, but I am having problems with Heart Failure, again, so I have been missing stuff on the board. Which coin were you asking about? The Franklin is a MS65FBL 1960-D. The 1958-D is the quarter that I am using in my ID. Does this answer your question? tongue.gif