• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The HepKitty loves Franklins...

31 posts in this topic

I never did announce myself, sorry. I'm Lucille, some know me from the PCGs forums, I have been here alot reading some great info. I collect comics and will be posting in those forums. I love music from the 1950s and have been running one of the most popular real audio websites in the country for this type of music. I travel all around the country looking for music, meeting musicians and looking for coins. I will be traveling to Portland Oregon this weekend and I hope to make a coin show in Tacoma, Washington next Saturday. I love Franklin halves!!!!! Oh Ben sure is SEXY!!!!!!!!! He just sends Lucy out of this world Daddy-o! Did I say I love and LIVE the 1950s??????

Some nice rainbow toning, did this baby grade ms66? Clean fields with what may be a slight nick on Frankies head.... I love it!

Yes, indeed. I like that Franklin too Oldtrader. What's up with your icon, the Washington? Is it yours? What's the date? Can't get a good enough look at it.

Welcome to Lucy. I may actually go to that Tacoma show. That's my neck of the woods.

Carl.

Great coin, Keith. I bet we can not buy these two for $25.00! tongue.gif

I also just bought a 1961 MS65 (see attachment) that is pretty clean. The stuff on the shoulder is junk trapped in the PCGS holder.

59514-1961PFranklin.jpg.79b910fd0c6b33a95d4c91d63fe2393e.jpg

Oldtrader3--

Thanks for the scans of the 58-D Washington. I like that coin a lot! Funny, I just had a 58-D slab 67 at PCGS this week. I pulled it straight out of a mint set. The toning is wild. I think it bumped it a grade, because I thought it might even get a 65. But, I'm a paranoid grader I find. I should be getting it back in the mail today. I can't wait to see it again. I will get it photographed and post a picture when I have one. Judging by your coin, this one would also be right up your alley.

In other news, I just purchased a 52 Wash/Carver set, all coins NGC 65 this morning. I am real excited about that. The 52-D's are tough to find nice. This one looks pretty good.

Lucy-- you should really get into the Carver series, being the child of the 50's you are. If you can learn to appreciate Ben, you can get behind George W and Booker T too.

Clankeye

Keith: Sorry for the late reply, but I am having problems with Heart Failure, again, so I have been missing stuff on the board. Which coin were you asking about? The Franklin is a MS65FBL 1960-D. The 1958-D is the quarter that I am using in my ID. Does this answer your question? tongue.gif