• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

what would you like to see in a auction site?

44 posts in this topic

start listing them. any and all ideas ,thaughts,what can be done that ebay has messed up? let me know as i build this new site ( under testing)

:)

How about the availability of coins that I actually want to buy? But that is something that no site has control over because they do not control submisisons. Other than this little minor detail, I have found many auctions sites (whether eBay or auction firms like Heritage) sufficient.

Product volume and lots of sellers and buyers. I know based on how many people and dollars go through eBay each week that they're likely to be there in the future. I can't say the same for a lot of the little startups.

Punishment for bad sellers and buyers....some kind of financial penalties would be nice.

If that is not possible...... 40 lashes with a wet noodle!!

like a FINE :) it can be done :)

there are many auction places but they build then they sit back. i would like a site that changes for the better and for the buyers/sellers. right now the feedback system is gone crazy and i dont know who to trust unless ive baught from them b4.

heres a few things going so far:

5c listing fee (regaurdless of value or asking price)

5 free pics (huge) +1c each after :P (will change to 6 )

no final value fees

no search picture fees

up to 30 day listings ( yes for 5c )

make offer

B.I.N - Ill Take It

feedback ( that can be designed buy/for the sellers and buyers )

end of auction extender ( will extend the auction for a set time till there is no action. so we dont have to give our info to people like snipes. )

featured auctions are far cheaper than ebay, and will get more attention

and many other things. me and a few folks are testing right now and i still need to get integraded for the paypal and such.....

I went to site Ant and it looks real nice. There are several features that although small are nice to have.

To me the most important aspect of an auction site is the amount of product in place. Sites like coinzip.com are aslo a nice alternative but rarely offer just what your looking for. Even if they do, there is only one of it. :shrug

Wish you luck with it!

dcoin- if you are refering to trafic i understand fully, i already have a few radeo stations to advertise for me when its ready. i am also trying to set stuff up so that people stay once they join. i wanted to verify by having people sign up as there ebay name so there feedback could follow but ive been advised not to ( any lawyers out there :P ).

i know it will be hard to get the kind of trafic that ebay has but, if people are willing to work with it durring start up it can be big.

as for trafic even ebay started realy realy slow.

and no matter what the fees will never change, and if they do they go down not up!

thanks jim! i hope it helps all also. im thinking also of giving a start credit for all in the begining. so they can list items for free to start off there venture :)

and no matter what the fees will never change, and if they do they go down not up!

And Paypal was always going to be free. :)

i wish i had control of them :) but there fee for using is 3%+ so MY fees will NEVER go up. :)

my pet peeve is add on fees...just give me the flat rate and if I agree then great..but all of the nickel and diming ebay does... :frustrated:

i agree jackson :) when you first sign up you read the copyright and user agreement. we agree to use the site in the way said then when we are using it they up prices and everything else.they change but we cant. this will not happen at my site. and if i ever get the traffic ebay has i will drop it to 1c listing fee and still make money, while letting the sellers make theres.

the site is getting very close. right now i am working on the integration of PP and a few other payment things.

also any problems with site can be sent to anthonyrleinweber@yahoo.com the other email is just for out @ this time.

me and munkyman95 are working on having this up ASAP.

keep the ideas coming and very soon the open for biz will be up :)

also the upkeep and such will be me and chad to start out with. i will be around far more than ebay being that this is what i do from home :) so if some1 is selling bad items we can get rid of them b4 auction end and save more people . i also want to work with some of the people like ANA and those who can help make this site the best.

we all know it will take a bit to get going and if we and all stick with it we will no longer have to work with new fees every week. relisting fees WILL be returned if sold with no questions.

also for those already signed up would you please tell me if you got any emails from the site.any welcome,invoices,....any form of email.

thank you.

picture size: here is a link to a auction.

http://eauctionemporium.com/cgi-bin/auction/auction.cgi?action=ViewItem&ID=1212516534&Lang=English

what do you think about the picture size. are they big enough? are they too big. im trying to make it so the pics are big enough to grade from or get close to grading.

Ill tell yall what! lets get some listings going and we will get things going as we do. i need things running to fully test. i will be setting it up for new members to get some listing credits so its not coming out of pocket right away. we will say $1.00(20 items worth :) ) lets see what we can do :)

thank you all!

http://eauctionemporium.com/

Let me clarify my first post because I was not trying to be sarcastic but honest. If you remember your post where you asked for advice on selling your coins on eBay and my advice, my response to you here is very similar and for the same reason.

Making the site "friendly" which is my interpretation of these other responses is necessary, but in my opinion, it is not sufficient. You need to give both buyers and sellers a reason to go to your site. (There is also the challenge of brand marketing to make people aware of your site but presumably you could at least start by Paying Google to move you up the search ladder if you are willing to spend the money.)

The best reason from a buyer standpoint is having product - that is, coins, that people want to buy. Now of course, you need both buyers and sellers and there is the chicken and egg dilemna in terms of which comes first, but buyers need to have something they want to buy to make it worthwhile to visit your site. If you can attract the coins, the buyers will come (just like in the movie "Field Of Dreams").

Now I happen to have an unusual specialty versus most of the members on this forum, but that is the second most difficult problem I have. Finding coins that are even with buying. (The first is, of course, the same as everyone else. Never having enough money to buy everything I want when I actually find it.) But what I can tell you is that if dealers or auction sites have the material and the quality I am looking to buy, I will find them because I scan websites all over the place. But the fact is that they do not.

As to how to attract sellers, I will admit that I do not know, because if I did, I would probably be in business for myself and be rich which I am not. From what I understand, your intent is to start with the forum members and then build traffic through word of mouth. I believe that is a reasonable basis to build the site.

The other consideration is whether you are doing this as a hobby or to make some money. You will have to evaluate the business proposition (if you have not done so already) to determine the trade-off between the features you can offer versus what you are able and willing to charge for them.

If you charge too little, your customers may love you but you will either lose money or determine that it is not worth the time investment. (I do not see from these posts that charging too much is going to be a problem.)

very deep world colonial ! and very true in all areas.

*i am starting with the forum members cause this has been like my home for 2 yrs :) if im going to get true feedback and not a bunch of "fix it now and hurry" i feel that this is the place to start.

* advertising will be done via google and yahoo. it will cost for a while but once there are a lot of people i can slow it down. im starting here then when it is running and MOST problems fixxed, then i will go to my buddy at the radeo station here ( South East idaho to about ogden ut.) when that has run for a bit i will go to other states radeo stations and so on. there is also the expensive adwords but well worth it.

*i look at it this way in the money making. i have to spend to make. so ill spend now and then when i have the customer base even a 1c per item cost would make me money in the LONG run. not the short sprint :)

*this venture is a lil bit of both, make money and a hobby. the satisfaction that im giving a service that wont change ( i wont change nor sell it) will be the big payout!

*the egg before chicken or vice verca, will be the sellers first i think.

and a big thanks to munkyman95 for his help in all this :) what a trooper.