• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TJ found 7 Wheaties and a 64 Roosie Today.

9 posts in this topic

Thank you for starting this thread Greg. Yes I went metal detecting today and found a park entrance that was being re-landscaped. Within 10 minutes I found 7 wheaties, the oldest being 1918, the rest were in the '40's and '50's and the '64 dime came out clean as a whistle. Love Silver!

Thank you for starting this thread Greg. Yes I went metal detecting today and found a park entrance that was being re-landscaped. Within 10 minutes I found 7 wheaties, the oldest being 1918, the rest were in the '40's and '50's and the '64 dime came out clean as a whistle. Love Silver!
thumbsup2.gif

I've been pondering buying a detector for a while to goof off with.

what is a good entry model that is available in stores?

Goose, read the Metal Detect forum across the street, that question comes up often and there's some good answers if the thread ain't buried yet.

I have a Bounty Hunter Tracker IV which is basically a starter model. I can't say much about it as I'm still learning how to perfect using it.

Although I didn't go detecting yesterday... I was pouring some cement in an opening in my patio yesterday (it had a square area that once was a planter) As I was preparing it, I noticed something the size of a quarter... excited, I rinsed it off with water... 1980 Washington frown.gif

-Dave

Goose, read the Metal Detect forum across the street, that question comes up often and there's some good answers if the thread ain't buried yet.

will do!