• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1 COIN CAN STILL TAKE YOU OUT. !!

8 posts in this topic

with NGC giving out anual awards now I was counting all the options for one of my sets.

and wow! what a drag, I can still lose buy one coin.

I have many finest known's and I still can't believe I'm going to get hammered at the last minute buy one coin. 893frustrated.gif

if you know were one of the remaining ms68rd lincolns is for the 34-58 set is please let me know.

I would even take an 55dd in 64 rd if you take my 63rd in trade. or any upgrade coin if you have it .

my set

thanx, rob. sign-rantpost.gif

yes mike, your right and your wrong !! makepoint.gif

I like collecting, but I really have alot of time and money invested and it would be nice to get the top honor for a set.

but regardles were the chips fall I will still love the coins.

the post was letting eveyone know to watch the sandbaggers at the last minute and work hard to finish there sets.

and of course to see if I can find that one last coin. gossip.gif

thanx, rob.

Although I probably have have 12-15 (or more) Registry Sets listed on this site, I would probably slip into an irreversable state of catatonia if I won an award for any of my sets. I do not collect to be the top dog on any set. I just do my best to build nice solid sets (read undistinquished) of nice solid coins that I like and are competitive but not Pop-top.

This philosophy suits me and takes the pressure off of worrying about the other guy's next moves. juggle.gif

I am certain that there are many Registry Sets that are at least somewhat fueled by the potential for awards or recognition. On the face of it, there is nothing wrong with this. Different strokes for........

I also would like to be a winner. grin.gif I collected my sets before there were going to be awards and really before my set category were even listed in the Registry.To be taken out at the last second would be tough,but I can deal with it because I do play the auction game. 893frustrated.gif

I am certain that there are many Registry Sets that are at least somewhat fueled by the potential for awards or recognition. On the face of it, there is nothing wrong with this. Different strokes for........

I agree. What's wrong with a little healthy competition? As long as other responsibilities are met, so it's cool. cool.gif