• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do you think I am over grading this Buffalo ??

12 posts in this topic

I'd say that it is an EF-40. It's what I would call a "commercial AU." Some coins like this end up in AU-50 holders, but to me that's clear case of over grading. You need to have more luster, and the wear spots should not be quite so obvious.

Another vote for a solid EF40. Too much wear for AU. Grade it conservatively and let your pics do the speaking for your coin.

I think I take better pictures of coins by hand than by copy stand ... I hardly use it anymore :(

Thanks for the input

Another vote for a solid EF40. Too much wear for AU. Grade it conservatively and let your pics do the speaking for your coin.

My thoughts, as well. (thumbs u

Looks like a bit of wear on the hip bone and the Buffy's round steaks, plus I like to see a bit more definition in the "fly swatter" or the tip of the tail...so I'm in complete agreeance with XF-40

Nice Buffy! :grin: