• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can't get one of these at Walmart - Latest Purchase

3 posts in this topic

I cannot attach the file; it's: http://www.pinnacle-rarities.com/inventory.html#HalfCents

This is a good example of copper being hard to image. It's the Breen 10 of the 1804 Plain 4 No Stems 1/2 Cent in die state III (always buy the book before the coin) in 65 BN.

The horizontal planchet flaw is not as pronounced as it appears in the image, and the coin is a medium brown on the front, slightly lighter on the reverse. It has the vertical die crack in the left obverse field, and the die crack from the second leaf to the 'E' on the reverse.

Cartwheel luster is evident on the obverse, but it glistens on the reverse like some of the nicer Braided Hair BN Uncs.

You can't tell from the image, but surfaces are clean, the strike is better than average, and contact marks are minimal. What I like about this coin is with the possible exception of a possible flyspeck inside of the loop of R in AMERICA (on the reverse), this coin has no carbon.

darn!

looks like they took the image down. I was going to post the pic. Maybe Mark can help you out and post it!?

sounds nice.

Sounds like you are the proud new owner of the coin, will you have new images taken to try to show off its attributes in a little better light? No pun intended.