Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If it's not giving up too much of a "trade secret"-

6 posts in this topic

What are your favorite eBay SEARCH words for coins? I've had success with "rainbow"; "color" (although you will turn up a bunch of colorized American silver Eagle junk), "toned", "tone" "PCGS" "NGC" (oh, and "NCG"- you'de be pleasantly surprised what turns up here!), and "net" along with "damage" and "damaged" and "hole" and "holed". Words I've given up on: "Monster" (seems it turns up too many PR69DCAM State quarters!) and "rare", of course.

What are your favorite words?

I don't search by word, I usually go view the high end certified coin section. All my best buys have come from the $1000 - $5000 category.

Most of the $10,000 and up category is filled up by Mike Casper and Anaconda. (NGC and I have to have words about that PF68 1876 twenty cent piece)!

Pat,

My favorite search was when a friend of mine told me to type in "Possum". Boy was I suprised. It was a neat coin though but to expensive for me.

COOLCOIN

Keith- I try to hit that area up too but find myself forgetting. If you ever come across a low grade, problem free, hook a buddy up? (Quick PM shot or email.) Thanks!

For Jeffersons: "full steps" and also fs. For buffalos I search by date at times, but also for "mint state" and ms. When I'm looking for modern stuff, I look for UCAM and CAM. I generally don't bother sith PCGS's DCAM designation, as it is applied with the use of a dartboard.

Hoot