• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If it's not giving up too much of a "trade secret"-

6 posts in this topic

What are your favorite eBay SEARCH words for coins? I've had success with "rainbow"; "color" (although you will turn up a bunch of colorized American silver Eagle junk), "toned", "tone" "PCGS" "NGC" (oh, and "NCG"- you'de be pleasantly surprised what turns up here!), and "net" along with "damage" and "damaged" and "hole" and "holed". Words I've given up on: "Monster" (seems it turns up too many PR69DCAM State quarters!) and "rare", of course.

What are your favorite words?

I don't search by word, I usually go view the high end certified coin section. All my best buys have come from the $1000 - $5000 category.

Most of the $10,000 and up category is filled up by Mike Casper and Anaconda. (NGC and I have to have words about that PF68 1876 twenty cent piece)!

Pat,

My favorite search was when a friend of mine told me to type in "Possum". Boy was I suprised. It was a neat coin though but to expensive for me.

COOLCOIN

Right now, I'm on a commem kick, so I go to the Early Commems category and search the new issues by hand, every day. Looking for NGC, PCGS, and ANACS pieces.

Keith- I try to hit that area up too but find myself forgetting. If you ever come across a low grade, problem free, hook a buddy up? (Quick PM shot or email.) Thanks!

For Jeffersons: "full steps" and also fs. For buffalos I search by date at times, but also for "mint state" and ms. When I'm looking for modern stuff, I look for UCAM and CAM. I generally don't bother sith PCGS's DCAM designation, as it is applied with the use of a dartboard.

Hoot