• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New coin

13 posts in this topic

Think what that coin has been through--almost 150 years old--and it still has virtually all its mint red. Coins like that strike me as amazing, and amazingly beautiful!

Mark

Yikes! I can hardly believe that copper can survive like that! Exquisite. Must have been hidden away in amazingly good conditions for preservation. Think of it: it survived the Civil War like that! All the time and travails! Generations!

I'm worried that the air in eastern Washington is no good. Please send to me TDN, high in the Rockies - hell I'll drive to your house and pick it up! smile.gif

Hoot

Yes, someone has. I recently saw a PCGS MS66 that I was certain had been stripped and enhanced. I've been told that a certain doctor can get his coins thru there quite easily.

But this is one of the hoard coins found with original surfaces. This coin was graded at least 10 years ago and still looks fresh, so it's certainly original.

did you realize you could get 2 1983 quarters in MS-67 for that price?

Exactly why one would buy the cent instead! blush.gif

Hoot